1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Economic Impact of Global Warming .. Is more of a Hoax ...

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Dilip_dmk, Mar 5, 2011.

1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Re: Economic Impact of Global Warming .. Is more of a Hoax .

Long time back, I read a novel by Michael Crichton "State Of Fear". It is about two lobbies on either side of Global warming. The novel was well written and had lots of links for reference.
  2. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks for your inputs guys !!!!!!!!!!!
    It was really helpful and I was able to pull-off the presentation very well .
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Just came across this thread.

If you dont mind , then can you put up your presentation online for others to read as well. Since i share the opinion that global warming and its economic consequences are a conspiracy and a hoax.

4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Global warming is one of the biggest hoax to be carried out on the human race purely for economic reasons to keep the engine of the economies running into the next generation forcing govts of all countries to toe a similar line and allocate huge budgets to assimilate the pending high cost technologies on the innocent. I have more on this. .......

5. royj

royj Esperto

This planet has been through a few ice ages and it is an accepted fact that we are at the end phase of the last ice age. So what happens at the end of an ice age? Ice melts, temperature rises.. That is what Global Warming is.. right?
    So is the warming due to human activities or is it part of the ice age cycle?:anyone
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

The term climate change is more appropriate than "Global Warming".

Just look at the mechanism of "Carbon credits"

Firms of developing countries , who may not be the richest in the world are forced to adopt green measures and thereby they earn carbon credits. Now these carbon credits are purchased by the multinationals of developed countries , which offsets their emissions.

Sounds biased right?

I'll explain. Big corporations , by paying a nominal price for carbon credits , avoid spending huge sums of money to produce things in a 'green way'. This keeps them happy and firms of developing countries on a perpetual disadvantage.

China emits 20% of the worlds CO2. USA 19%
    China's population - 1.3 Billion
    USA's Population - 300 million

1/4th population , yet almost the same quantity of CO2 emissions. USA is the major culprit here. It tells the whole world to make efforts to reduce CO2 emissions , while it itself refuses to ratify Kyoto Protocol ( which sets time limits to cut down emissions)

Hypocrisy is at play

7. linealover

linealover Regolare

Nowadays talking about global warming is a fashion,

simply, if don't participate in the debate others will conclude that you have no concern about environment.

Take any magazine for an instance,interview of vip's, business people,actors.proactively they will say something about environment.

we cant go and say everyone, don't use cars that is absurd.rather we can make them participate in planting the tress...

i have participated in sapling celebrations,on a particular day volunteers of isha yoga have planted 1 crore saplings.

They provided us the saplings,we need to take care of it,

Founder of isha,This man has got genuine concern about global warming,

“Trees and humans are in an intimate relationship. What they exhale, we inhale, what we exhale, they inhale. This is a constant relationship that nobody can afford to break or live without.” - Sadhguru
  8. guys even the fuels like diesel anad petrol beoming a scarcity is that true???