1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

eBAy Thread

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by thomman85, Jul 25, 2012.

1. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    From the ebay description, looks like it works based on the proximity with a supplied magnet. Stick this to the door and the magnet to the car body. When the two are closer than 10 mm (i.e. when the door is closed), the light goes off. Seems to also have a 2 minute cut off timer to conserve battery. Looks quite good. I wouldn't be too worried about the adhesive coming off. It is 3M. Even if it does, it would still be a matter of replacing the double sided tape.

Rajan
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I was planning to install one in coming months. May be I will go for these. Looks easy to install and without drilling holes. Thanks testdrive for the link.

Wonder, what would be the battery life for these.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kiran,
    When are you planning to buy these ? i too want to install based upon your review :)
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I see that there are only 10 pieces available. So, I would like to grab them asap. Even Prasanna wanted one of these and he mentioned the same to me.

Even though I buy it this month, I would not be able to install them until October 4th week, as that is when I'll be back home. Will just order them and install once I am back.

That means, you need to wait for around 2 months for my review. :D
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kiran,
    Hmm,then i will be the reviewer for you. :)
    Same product on aliexpress ,here the details of the product is narrated nicely.
    1 person likes this.
  7. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hmm. Aliexpress link by Ganges has all the details. Very good indeed. My concern was, device falling off and loosing it. :)
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I have a bad experience with aliexpress. I have ordered Abarth decals & badges last year but didn't received the item yet.

Also was waiting for 3 months for the delivery but there was not proper response from the seller too.

I will suggest you to stick with ebay.
  9. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    My experience with Aliexpress is good untill now. I ordered 3 items (Vinyl sheet, Led rope & mobile case) till now and all the items were received in 40 days. yet to receive 2 items which i ordered on 14th Aug. It is always good to check the seller's rating, feedback, and no. of items sold before ordering. Also better message the seller and see if he is responsive, before ordering.

Like ebay, the money paid would not be dispersed to the seller until we confirm that the goods is received. So you write to them for refund.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yea, I knew about the refund procedure of both ebay & aliexpress. But in my case the though I have given the -ve feedback for the seller, no reply I got & due to some critical office work I was not able to do the follow up for the purchase. When I tried to get refund the item was in archived list from where I wasn't able to open the case for refund.

You are right before purchase the ratings for the seller needs to be verified. And I'm happy that there are people who are getting stuffs from aliexpress. :)

Will think about aliexpress once again upon your experience :)
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013