1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

eBAy Thread

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by thomman85, Jul 25, 2012.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Hey Ashish,

It says chrome, so shouldn't be a copper coloured one. If you are concluding the copper colour by looking at the pics, its rather the shade I believe.
    I haven't seen the item yet, it just arrived this afternoon at home. Will let you know tomorrow for sure with some pics.

BTW, one of our other members who happens to be another Kiran :D has also recieved the exhaust tip today. Not sure if he has purchased from the same link as I used, but looks similar. Checkout the pics here http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-oem-spares/3651-chrome-exhaust-tips-punto-5.html
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    go for it,its not the copper color.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thomma it'll be glad if you can take a video of this. Please take it from inside the vehicle. Keep a water hose on top of your car & try to simulate a rain like situation. Kindly take the following videos

1)How good is water repelling before applying PROKLEAR
    2)Switch ON your wipers (This is just to compare how good it wipes after applying PROKLEAR)
    3)Video after applying PROKLEAR
    4) Again switch On the wiper & check how good the wipe is after applying PROKLEAR. ( I am bit doubtful here. I had bad experience with another product. Though water was repelling fine, once I switch on the wiper, there was more of Haze kind of formation on the windshield which actually reduces vision. In daytime it is fine. But at night it is miserable)
  4. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Cinju exactly same i want to know...what happen to visibility when we use the wiper...
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    What about if the item get some defect. Who has to bear the courier charge of sending it back. I never used ebay. I use flipkart. Very impressed by their packing and on time delivery.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sun courier charges are generally beard by the customer. In flipkart you buy it directly from Flipkart where as in Ebay you buy it from a seller in Ebay. So Ebay is just a mediator & in case of disputes Ebay may help as per their policies. So far I never had any bad experience with Ebay . I used to buy only from seller who has reputation of 95 & above.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sun,
    i too have done lot of shopping from ebay,till now no problem, i felt very good.
    i would like to suggest before directly placing the order,first try to ask some questions to the seller on the product and then place the order for the same ;)

i had only one bad experience through online shopping and that was with AutoMall bangalore,neither he had given me the products nor the money .....
    1 person likes this.
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i do regular purchase from ebay.. most of them had come out clean except for in two cases..
    one a watch.. got it delivered.. but not working properly..have't complained yet.. cosz only came to knw recently
    2nd: a bi-xenon hid projectors.. bought it.. and made payment via paisapay the seller dint ship the item in time, so ebay refunded the amount.

bought a couple of international items as well.. all delivered
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The shipment, the item condition, genuinity of the item entirely depends on the seller and Ebay doesn't own any responsibility. If the item is not shipped, they act very promptly. If the item is shipped but not as mentioned by the seller, you are given an option to open a case where Ebay will mediate between the seller and the buyer. This is the case where the Ebay will harass the buyers by making them to wait for more than 15 days to probe and when it is taken for the probe, they will mostly act favorably with the seller. All these wait and drama will make most the buyers to stop appealing. This is how the EBAY works (it should be sucks actually).

I am a victim and whatever I have told is based on my experience. So, my advice would be to refrain from using Ebay for high value transactions. Set yourself a limit which you are comfortable and make purchases with Ebay within that limit. If you ask me, I will not buy anything thru Ebay if the transaction is above Rs. 2000.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    2 people like this.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    E-commerce in india is still very very raw (Exception would be flipkart). Ebay does have its share of major problems But i think its not entirely Ebay's responsibility either.
    Last year I had bought a foot pump that was reported to be work with car tyres but only after a few days i see that it went bust because it was not able to handle the back pressure from the tire.
    Now it's the sellers responsibility to not cheat us (which is very unlikely in indian context) and Ebay's responsibility to ensure quality of the product (Which they dont seem to care because our LAWS are very "Strict" you see).
    Thus refrain from buying high valued products .

Having said that I've bought a tire pressure gauge from Ebay about a year ago , (touchwood) its still working fine.
    1 person likes this.