1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

East By North-East - Added To My Linea's List!

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, May 2, 2012.

1. Mahe

Mahe Timido

BANGLORE
    Mindblowing Ravi sir...!
    1 person likes this.
  2. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Great travelogue and pictures. Seeing this, I am very much tempted to post a travelogue (rather photologue) of my trip to Kaziranga last February. Kaziranga, incidentally, is just 90 kms from my place.
    1 person likes this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Kaziranga National Park

20 April 2012 [Friday]

Prakash was a knowledgeable guide, keeping all the information about the flora and fauna of Kaziranga National Park at his finger tips. He had worked as a teacher in Nagaland earlier. I asked him a straightforward question: whether poaching was still rampant at Kaziranga National Park resulting in many rhinos without their horns. He informed me that there was no poaching now due to strict vigil by the forest department officials. Rhinos lose their horns due to natural reasons like viral attack or insect-bites. If poachers cut their horn, it would die immediately, he said. Here are the final set of photographs clicked at Kaziranga National Park.

DSC06278.jpg
    DSC06300.jpg
    DSC06469.jpg
    DSC06410.jpg
    DSC06419.jpg
    DSC06426.jpg
    DSC06428.jpg
    DSC06439.jpg
    DSC06450.jpg
    DSC06463.jpg
    DSC06455 (2).jpg
    DSC06476.jpg
    DSC06479.jpg
    DSC06486.jpg
    WildGrassBill.jpg

To be continued.
    4 people like this.
  4. Awesome travelogue Ravi Sir!! Waiting for the Bhutan details to come out :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Rituraj. Yes, I saw the destination boards of NH 37 announcing Jorhat all the way from Guwahati to Kaziranga.
    Thanks, Mahe, for the compliments.
    Thanks, AerialsInTheSky. Bhutan is still far away!;)
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Was there any incidents, in the past, where the elephants or rhinos attacked the visitors?
    Ali has become popular through this thread and now people will ask for Gypsi-with-Ali when they do booking. He might be an passionate person for his work.

It looks strange that the border between the Rhino's (last one) upper part and lower part looks as if drawn with a scale. When they come out of water how they preserve that symmetry?

Once again a :up for the photos
    2 people like this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, sungoa2010. Because the water level is always horizontal, it looks like it was drawn with a scale!:)
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Route Map Of The Trip

This is the route on which I drove my Linea during this trip most of the times as Google Map shows some wrong route especially in West Bengal and I could not change it to the correct one. It could not calculate the distance from Thimphu to Punakha and could not show Chelela Pass. So, these places were not there in the route. Earlier, I had given link to the route map. But, Google Maps says, it was too large to process. grin.gif So, I removed the link.

RouteMap.jpg

Actual distance covered by my Linea from home to home [including the local drives] was 7876 km as against 7421 km shown in Google Map.
    4 people like this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I was out of city on 12th, 13th and 14th. Just back to my home. These three days, I was thinking that I would be missing your hot updates on this thread. But, I did not :). There is no update from you as well for these 3 days. Eagerly awaiting for other updates Ravi Ji.
    1 person likes this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Ramesh. I was cleaning my Linea in instalments during the weekend! The journey will resume from today!:)
    1 person likes this.