1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

East By North-East - Added To My Linea's List!

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, May 2, 2012.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I too wanted to visit Araku Valley. But, due to paucity of time, I couldn't.:(
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Is it the first visit in Orissa? The chilcka lake is also a worth place to visit.
    One thing that last like our memories of Orissa is the wonderful Oriya cotton. It will last for ages. In puri we can go and see how they make oriya sari.
    1 person likes this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes, it was my first visit to Odisha. We had a bird's eye-view of Chilaka Lake from the ghats, while returning!
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Guwahati Brahmaputra River Cruise

18 April 2012 [Wednesday]

We always liked to stay at Ginger Hotels, if one is available at our destination. Since I had reserved for 2N3D package, complimentary breakfast was included in the tariff. We got up late and had relished a lavish breakfast buffet comprising many mouth-watering vegetarian items like fresh fruit juice, Idly fry, dosa, chutney, sambar, poori, subjee, apart from bread-toast, corn flakes, etc. We had a hearty breakfast, went back to our room and slept. By evening, we got ready and straight away went for Brahmaputra river cruise of Alfresco Grand located at M G Road, Guwahati. My MMI navigator guided properly to M G Road. I parked my Linea there and had a stroll along the M G Road as we had plenty of time for the river cruise.

DSC06021.jpg
    DSC06023.jpg
    DSC06029.jpg
    DSC06032.jpg
    DSC06034.jpg
    DSC06035.jpg
    DSC06036.jpg
    DSC06037.jpg
    DSC06039.jpg
    DSC06042.jpg
    DSC06043.jpg
    DSC06044.jpg
    DSC06045.jpg
    DSC06047.jpg
    DSC06048.jpg

More to come.
    5 people like this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Poor iron bars thinks " I will not allow this elephant to go out"
    But he doesn't know that it has conquered Ledakh and a iron bars are nothing infront of it. Linea on the other hand is getting charged with those fresh air for next part of the journey.

'Proposed automated multilevel car parking' I wish our metros should get few of it.

Photos are getting more and more attracted with mother natures purity as the Linea moving towards east, making me to wish " Oh time, slow down your speed and let me enjoy it more"

Thanks once again for those wonderful photos.
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Awesome Ravi Ji.

linealover has recently identified a medicine for his Yellow fever in Assam :D. We are pushing him to get this medication as we can take excuse to visit the places that you have visited. Keeping my fingers crossed. linealover, are you listening? :D
    3 people like this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    FIAT cars bring out poets and story-tellers out of their masters!:) Ramesh has already become a poet and you, a master story-teller!
    4 people like this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Guwahati Brahmaputra River Cruise

18 April 2012 [Wenesday]

While we were ordering tomato soup and veg pakora on the deck of the cruise-liner, Mrs & Mr Ananda Murthy, who were also from Bangalore, came and introduced themselves. They saw my Linea parked on the bank and confirmed that it must be ours only by the way my wife wore her saree!:) Mr Ananda Murthy works for ISRO, Bangalore. The Ananda Murthys had already visited Kaziranga and Shillong. We spent time in chit-chatting with them in Kannada. They shared their experience and we told ours. They were taken aback, when they came to know about driving in my Linea all the way from Bangalore! We also met another kind couple, Mrs & Mr Kaushik Das. Mr Kaushik Das was a localite, whereas Mrs Kaushik Das hailed from Dharwad, Karnataka. In fact, after hearing our conversation with the Ananda Murthys, Mr Kaushik Das urged his wife to go and join us as we were talking in her language!:) Mr Kaushik Das was kind enough to give his mobile number to me and requested me to contact him in case of any help or emergency.

DSC06049.jpg
    DSC06050.jpg
    DSC06058.jpg
    DSC06062.jpg
    DSC06063.jpg

Within the same district, if one meets another from the same town/village, both are happy. Within the same state, if one meets another from the same district, again, both are happy! Within a country, if two people from the same state/region meet, they chat in their own language! If one Indian meets another Indian in a foreign country, the political/geographical/linguistic/religious barriers like, district, state, region, language, religion, etc., vanish and we feel happy to talk to the fellow-Indian! In another few decades, it may become a reality that fellow-humans will be happy to meet other human-beings in an alien planet!:) We exchanged our contact details and hoped to meet in Bangalore later.

DSC06065.jpg
    DSC06066.jpg
    DSC06067.jpg
    DSC06068.jpg
    DSC06070.jpg

After the wonderful Brahmaputra river cruise, we drove to Kamakhya temple located on a hillock, knowing fully well that it would be closed at that hour. My Linea drove around in the deserted parking lot of the temple and we returned to Ginger Hotels for a good dinner and well-earned sleep.

DSC06071.jpg
    DSC06077.jpg
    DSC06079.jpg
    DSC06085.jpg
    DSC06088.jpg

To be continued.
    7 people like this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Strange but so true.

And by seeing your picture, you looks still in good shape, no signs of any tiredness what so ever.
    1 person likes this.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The boats are very well maintained. Looks as if in a foreign country.Great photos again.
    1 person likes this.