1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

E10 fuel (10% Ethanol + 90% petrol) in the Linea TJet

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Prajay Madhavan, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Prajay Madhavan

Prajay Madhavan Timido

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Friends,
    Today I was filling fuel at the IOC pump in Bangalore and saw the petrol was actually E10 (10% ethanol). I know that the transport ministry had plans to blend ethanol but I thought it would be done more gradually. Now the question : Is the Linea TJet capable of running on E10. Does it do any engine damage in the long run?
    Are all pumps selling E10 instead of pure petrol now?
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ Do read this >link<. Important topic, thanks for bringing it up.
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Prajay Madhavan : please check the owners manual. AFAIK the T-Jet is not E10 compliant. FIAT does make flex fuel engines in Brazil but they have different displacement and run a completely different tune (1.8 lit / 1.9 lit producing 130 bhp)

It should be ok if you filled it one time. But henceforth my advice would be to stick to normal petrol and not an ethanol blend. Even better option? Use Shell Petrol.
    mchanna likes this.
  4. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Use normal Shell, piece of mind in everything, quantity, quality and purity.
    kedarbendre likes this.
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Prajay Madhavan : I checked with FIAT and the response is "not compatible". So best not to go for E10.
  6. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks @amogh for this initiative.