1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dyno Run & AIR on 1.2 and 1.4 Engines

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Viny, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Re: First international Fiat meet in Mumbai

:), Noise is expected as stock filters have resonators based muffling tubes to cut down the noise generation, though this hampers performance.

Does the AIR fitment required any specific modifications or removal of plastic parts from engine bay.
    Can someone share photos of 1.4 Linea original intake system and AIR so that we can compare them side by side.
  2. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai

The ECU version is not the problem for gaining power. We just need to get the right OE file to re=work it. We have currently about 20,000 different files of the different cars and manufacturers add them on a daily basis.

What you see on the dyno is only part of the story. Acceleration test give you quite a bit more accurate idea of what the real improvements are.
  3. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai

Whether the Kiirus map was on or not is difficult to say as it does not seem to be a big difference to what it is stock. However, the only change made between before and after was the AIR.
  4. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai

From experience I can safely say that it does not make a difference to the gains that would be noticeable. The map was not specifically altered (if existing at all) by Kiirus to have bigger benefits than percentage improvement compared to stock. A AIR dedicated map would give some more benefits.
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

Pretty interesting reports. Looking at the graphs for Linea, it seems the torque comes suddenly in a whoosh rather than the stock linear delivery. Am I right in understanding? Would definitely like to see more graphs on acceleration/torque especially ones taken with AIR dedicated map.
  6. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai

A lot more of data will come. For the moment this is all the data as we did not have the opportunity to do more on your shores. We have a lot more data from Europe, but we have decided not to use it ad do any development and testing under the conditions that are real in India.
  7. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Peter, Kailash it was great meeting you guys and thanks for organizing this meet for TFI members. I appreciate for taking out time and discussing the most needed topic face to face and answering to all queries. And even happy to see the results and most important RATAN was more than a happy man at the end of the day! I'm sure Drifter would agree with me, here. ::T

1.2 and 1.4 were the lucky engines to be tested and have gain more power at this point of time. Mind it, 1.2 was treated with just AIR. Looking forward to hear on 1.3, soon!

I'm sure Peter has more to offer over coming days!

Will share more thoughts and pictures as I come back to Mumbai.

Cheers!
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Couldn't agree more with Grandeur.

Peter & Kailash - Thanks for the meet. The explanation / presentation by Peter was done in a very lucid manner so that everyone could understand. Plus the sight of all practical parts made it easier to understand. Particularly that ECU of Palio 1.1/1.2 !!

Sorry, I had to leave a bit early as my Bro-in-law has come from Gujarat & he was waiting for me at Bombay Hospital.

I can see FastLove & Ratan feeling happy !! :mrgreen:

All the Best & am sure more is to come !!
  9. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai

We will fix another meet in around March in Mumbai and a week or so later for Bangalore.

I hope that we also will have some T-Jet present.
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

What about delhi Drifter ???