1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dyno Run & AIR on 1.2 and 1.4 Engines

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Viny, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Re: First international Fiat meet in Mumbai

Hey drifter thanks for a very quick reply and detailed explanation, I surely missed the meet and feel said about it :(

I think once the ECU is remapped for inputs, the power figures could also be improved.
    I would love to see other details from the dyno runs too. Was not much impressed with outcome in Linea, expected better performance, probably because I am a Linea owner and you know its never enough when we ask for better performance :)

Fiat india has almost 4-5 versions of ecu configs running across the country for 1.4 Fire. Like BSIII type ECU with 2 versions of ECU mapping, similary BSIV with 2 different versions of ECU mapping. And in 1.4 Fire Linea only difference between BSIII and BSIV is new lambda sensors, not sure how much ECU mapping will change due to that. So probably basically you would have a library of maps :). Furthermore to complicate the scenario some of the BSIII cars are fitted with BSIV ECU, which came in as part of ECU upgrade for AC issues, this happened only with the cars where service center was not capable for reflashing the ECU, hence company replaced the ECU.
  2. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)

Hey Peter!!

What was the Name of the site you stated that we should all join?? I didnt quite catch it as I was in a Hurry to get back home!!!
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
  4. Re: First international Fiat meet in Mumbai

IIRC, the ECU of Fast Love's Fiat Linea was remapped by Kiirus. So, I just want to confirm whether the dyno test was carried with the Kiirus remapped ECU & Drifter's AIR or not.
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

Thank you Peter and kailash for organizing this meet. Was very useful to all.
    Few observations:
    1. Punto 1.2 stock bhp stated by fiat is 67bhp. On the wheel the stock showed 50bhp that is a loss of 25% on the wheel.
    2. linea 1.4 with that calculation should have a stock bhp of 67bhp on the wheel. My car showed 83bhp on the dyno :wow
    3. My mathematics tells me that even if I take a 17% loss on wheels... Iam driving a 100bhp car :dancing which is mission accomplished for me :dance
  6. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

Yes. Both!
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

It would be interesting to see the similar test on stock Linea 1.4 EPK, that will give us real sense of achievement via Air.
  8. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

Absolutely. I would like to see the linea 1.4 Na stock figures.
    But one thing is for sure - my 0 to 100 is 13.2 sec now compared to 14.7sec on stock linea which was tested one day prior to the meet.
    Kailash - can you post those figures as well.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

@fastlove, 0-100 improvement is great, did you noticed any change in engine noise after AIR was fixed.
  10. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

The noise is absolutely evident. I would let the others comment on that. The good and the bad of it ;)