1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DVD PLAYER ON LINEA E+

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by hai_sudhan2000, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am intereseted in fixing a DVD player in Linea. But I dont want to loose the Blue and Me. Without distrubing, is it possible to fix the player. I have a MMI which i can use as a Monitor. Any ideas, Pls help. :anyone
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    NO. Its not possible to add DVD support without removing the Blaupunkt Head Unit and sacrificing Blue&Me, Windows Media Player of Punto/Linea as well as Steering mounted audio/Blue-Me controls.

This can be moved to ICE considerations. Now there is a dedicated thread for ICE queries. ::T
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    PS - I think that isn't entirely true. When I spoke with Viny last time he did mention that there is an option to do that. I mean you will have a standalone DVD player with the sound feeding into the OE HU n

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There can be some options with standalone DVD players although I don't know how. But you can't have a DVD compatible HU without letting go off the Microsoft Blue&Me and steering controls for audio.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Yup, agreed doc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. This can be an option http://www.megaaudio.co.uk/india/car-av ... name=MATDH 077 &page=6 but have not seen in any Linea E-Pack so far. The DVD player is in built i.e. lift the monitor and you got a slot for inserting DVDs. This one's got a slot for USB as well, but am not very sure.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Yups its possible to install DVD player and use existing speakers and orignal HU with blue and me.
    All you need is an ISO Y connector, where audio out from both the HU are connected to common ISO PIN B, Thus one has to ensrue that at any given point of time only one unit is played, if both the units would be played then there would audio over loading.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    the easiest way to get this done is FM modulator which is a 200 rs unit and has aux in. put ur dvd connection in the fm modulator and you will hear the sound from your music system. sound quality will be reduced but this is worth with added advantages just for DVD option.
    this can help u keeping away from hassles of connectors and removing head unit. the fm modulator also has usb, SD card, 200 channels radio etc etc.
    they come at lowest of 200 to 1500 the highest has bluetooth and phone connectivity features too.

http://cgi.ebay.in/Car-FM-modulator-run ... 4156adb48e