1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dupont Tyvek Car cover colour options

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by brandnewpunter, Nov 11, 2014.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The tyvek cover costs 2490 for Linea and 2290 for punto evo. Not sure if the price is revisee again.
  2. nethan

nethan Amatore

Bangalore
    Bought tyvek cover today from Vecto Motors for Rs.2890/-

There is a price hike :banghead:. Should've bought little earlier rather waiting for the summer season.

My earlier FIAT OEM silver cover lasted only six months.

Anyhow, tyvek cover is very light and feels very thin. Not sure how long it's gonna stay put in Bangalore weather.

Fingers crossed
  3. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Bought Tyvek cover from Ramkay and it costs Rs.2990/- for linea. Hope it is worth it !!!
  4. VIJAYKUMAR1

VIJAYKUMAR1 Timido

NOIDA
    NOIDA
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I bought a Dupont tyvek cover some 2.5 years back,quite happy with the cover and would definitely recommend others as well,

Will also post the picture of it
  5. Vijairaj

Vijairaj Amatore

Chennai
    @brandnewpunter I just wanted to enquire about two things:
    1. Does dust get in to the car through the tyvek cover - my current regular cover is very bad at it and fine dust settles on the car even when it's covered.
    2. Does water seep through the car cover either through the material or through the stitches?
  6. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    1. No.

2. Very very little water passes through, when you use ordinary cover car is totally wet. Water that seeps through this cover can be wiped with a handkerchief.
  7. Taif

Taif Timido

Maha
    Linea T-Jet
    Assuming you got the OEM one, does it have Antenna and mirror pockets ?
  8. Vijairaj

Vijairaj Amatore

Chennai
    @brandnewpunter Thanks for your input, I got the cover and it fits snugly all round except at the back where it's loose and looks as if it can accommodate a mini boot/the spare wheel of the avventura. The showroom guys are insisting that this is as per design but I am not convinced because the silver covers I owned previously used to fit perfectly. Can you please share your feedback on how your cover fits the car and if possible a photo from the rear end

@Taif I just got the OEM cover for Punto from Ramkay for Rs. 2187 and it has got antenna and mirror packets.