1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dupont Tyvek Car cover colour options

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by brandnewpunter, Nov 11, 2014.

1. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Fiat dealer has white colour. Are there any other colour options? A seller on ebay says he has orange colour!! I would prefer grey or silver colour.

Dealer is quoting 2300rs.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    OE has only white color, and quality is pretty nice. Cost is also correct, buy it.
    brandnewpunter likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Please buy from Fiat. Forget the colour.o_O With dealer it is going to be genuine, online I doubt the genuineness. Besides make sure Dupont Makes Tyvek in colour if you want in colour. Well is the quote for the Tyvek type cover? I mean I thought they costed more than this :confused:
  4. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    I am actually trying to ask if Dupont makes in other colours. I see some other shades but none are reputed sites. Yes 2300 is the price

I am insisting on the colour because I park in the open and white may get extremely dirty and it will attract a lot of eyes.

It's very thin compared to the cover I bought outside for 1200rs. Is Tyvek durable? (Maybe look and feel are deceiving)
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Oh yes it is quite durable, do read reports, it is flexible and allows to "breathe" while still offering great water protection. Check reports about Tyvek online.
  6. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Thats a reasonable price for a DuPont Tyvek cover if it is one. I bought one for my other car directly from "Polco" and it costed me close to Rs.4000. And the colour was light gray.

Polco makes covers for all cars they can be ordered online directly from their website. For the Linea they are charging Rs.3265 plus shipping. Here is the link:

http://www.polcoindia.com/polco-segment-car-cover-for-fiat.html
  7. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    @simpleson
    Thank you. I read quite a bit but when I touch and feel the actual material I have doubts. It's very thin and looks delicate. I will buy it and report back.

Yes, polco is expensive. I also saw a query where the poster was asking about if Polco is worth the extra price and the answer was in the nagative. Whats your feedback? Does it fell thin and delicate? How is it holding up?

I would have still gone for Polco if they had other colour options but right now they have only white it seems. Just called them.
  8. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Its about six months now I think and no issue's. It does not feel delicate, feels quite strong when you pull it and it is very light, which it is supposed to be. Something I noticed from the other car covers I had, is that dust does not remain on top of it or stuck to it, seems like it does not attract dust.
  9. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Bought!
    They are made by Polco and are an exact fit. covering the car took less time than my previous cover even though I was trying it for the first time. Will report back on water seepage once there is a shower.
    Ravi likes this.
  10. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Also the white colour is not as flashy as expected.