1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DSLR, Lens and accessories review and recommendations

Discussion in 'Photography' started by ramjn, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    As Pronoy rightly said, CPR is not useful for lenses with rotating focus. it can only be used for lenses which do not rotate while focusing. I have a HOYA CPR which is not that useful as all the lenses I have rotate while focusing. I will however use it future when I have such a lens. Secondly, If you are a serious photographer, you must invest in a sturdy tripod and it is a must. Don't get fooled by those cheaply made tripods. Tripods are very essential in still photography, irrespective of whether you have shaky hands or not, Tripod will save your day, especially when shooting with low shutter speeds or if you are in to low light photography. I would also recommend everyone to invest in a lens pen. It is a handy little piece which will save you from fingerprints, smudges and is very easy to carry and use.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Moreover, people who possess a canon DSLR with an EF mount, should have the Canon 50mm 1.8 prime lens, in their collection. You can never go wrong with this lens. It is not extremely fast at focusing, but does the job perfectly. It is very cheap and is arguably one of the sharpest lens from Canon. I bought it two years ago for approx 6500/- rupees and I never ever regretted my decision even for a moment. It will definitely be one of your best investments, especially if you are in to portrait photography.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I have had a fair bit of use with Nikons and Canons, it seems there is a belief among some Canon users that they focus much faster at F2.8 and bigger apertures. I haven't had my luck with the L-series, is this true to some or all their lens/body combinations.

On a relative note Canon colours (hue, chroma) are much more accurate than Nikon. Nikon on the other hand has more dynamic range in their colours by default which make your pics looks much more better than the actual scene. I know that one can post-process for colour accuracy, but out of the box colours are a tiny bit artificial than Canon. No big deal as such.
  3. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Everbody who responded to my queries, THANKS A LOT.
    Let me inform you guys here that I've now got Nikon D5100 in my hands with kit and 55-200mm lens for a combo offer of 38K INR.
    Presently capturing simple pictures in auto mostly and manually somtimes to enhance the skills.

Few pics for presentation....All Rights Reserved.... DSC_0121.jpg DSC_0109.jpg DSC_0100.jpg
    The second pic was captured by my son while car was moving atleast 50km/h
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    4 people like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on the D5100, Shah. What kit lens you got? 18-55/18-105? You are living in a heaven for Photographers. Do share pictures from your place.
  5. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks a lot. It is 18-55mm. Is it a good deal or what ?
  6. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Congrats Dr. Shah. As Ramjn rightly said, you do live in heaven on earth. Especially in a place like that, sometimes I feel that there is nothing much for the photographer to do as the place itself is so beautiful, anything you click will be awesome, irrespective.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Good choice and a nice combo deal SA Shah. :clap

Keep playing with the camera settings till you figure out what works best in what natural lighting scenarios and have a great experience capturing the serenity around you. :)
  8. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks everybody for the compliments. BTW, how to enhance the colour effect while clicking a natural scene,if the settings allow it.
  9. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Dr. Shah, You can do that by increasing the saturation. However, it is always recommended to keep the saturation low while shooting and make the necessary changes in post.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Try HDR mode.