1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DSLR, Lens and accessories review and recommendations

Discussion in 'Photography' started by ramjn, Jul 31, 2012.

1. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Ramesh for the response.
    How is the Canon EOS 600D , so for as the features are concerned as compared with the Nikon D3200 ? The later is having more compatibility with android and iOS systems, but I'm a windows fan, don't have any idea about the canon one,what sort of connectivity features it provides?

Please don't mind for such kind of queries in your fabulous thread, hope you bear with me..!
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Absolutely no problem, Shah.

As I told earlier, I do not have much knowledge on Canon models to do the features comparison. Let me do some reading and update you. Again, I suggest that don't read too much into the features. Many times, we don't use all these fancy features while shooting. :)
  3. abhishekpachore

abhishekpachore Amatore

Pune

Doctor,Canon and Nikon are Baap in camera so you will not go wrong with any one of these brands. It’s just personal choice Canon or Nikon.

Regarding Canon I am using this for last 5yr. and no complaint what’s ever. Everything is good you get most of the options in choosing body and also lot of lenses which can be used for crop censor body or full frame body. If in future you want to upgrade for full frame body.

About connectivity there are so many applications available for mobile OS but I don’t think once you get DSLR you will try to operate it with your mobile. Regarding system base OS all Nikon and Canon are compatible with Windows, Apple and Linux.

Now Canon 600D it is best body in that price bracket you get full HD recording along with rotating screen. I will suggest first go to any store and try to feel camera body in hand, which suits you because model to model grip of body changes. That will give you better idea.

One more suggestion if you are going for 600D don’t go for buddle offer just by 600D with 18-55mm kit lens and do photography for six or seven month. After that you can any time upgrade any lenses. Why I am saying this because there are so many Canon’s other different lenses which are good as compare 55-250mm kit lens.

Ramjn sorry BOSS I have written essay in you thread.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    4 people like this.
  4. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Dears, Today I found one Combo Offer on Canon 600D in market with 18-55mm and 18-250mm(body+both these lenses) for INR 37000/=
    Is it worth grabing or what ? kindly respond.

With Regards.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  5. abhishekpachore

abhishekpachore Amatore

Pune
    If you are going for 18-250mm lens then there is no point of taking 18-55mm. Because 18-55mm range is covered in your 18-250mm lens. So no point of taking both lens tell him that I don’t want 18-55mm and ask him to reduce price by 5 to 6 K :p
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  6. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    AFAIK, there is no 18-250mm lens in canon.
    I think you mean the 18-55 mm and 55-250mm.

Both of these lenses are very good lenses atleast at the beginning and you can add on new ones later if you feel that they are not good enough.

Regarding the camera, I have not used the 600D but have heard that it is a good.
    But keep in mind that it is a bit old now and there are already two models that have been released after that! (650D and 700D)
  7. Has anybody used any of the legacy manual lenses. If yes please let me know how good is "Soligor Wide-Auto 28mm f/2.8 Konica/Minolta MD Mount". I am planning to buy Fujian 35mm f1.7. Along with that I am plannig for one more. I have a Olympus OM-D E-M5 (m4/3). I have two options
    1. Jupiter-8M 50mm F2 rangefinder KIEV Contax lens
    2. Soligor Wide-Auto 28mm f/2.8 Konica/Minolta MD Mount

I am thinking it is better to go for Soligor since it used MD mount, the adapter is easily available and many lenses are available for affordable prices. If somebody has used or has heard about any of these two lens please suggest one of the two.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    The 18-105 is surprisingly a good lens compared to canon 18-55 .
    If you are in the market with with a tight budget then I would suggest the Nikon kit lens.
    But primes are any day the best option

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  9. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes,yes, it is mistakenly noted as 18-250mm, infact it is 55-250mm. Thanks for the correction.
    What about the Nikon D5100,it is also having flip screen,besides kit lens which lens I should opt for total 40K price?
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If I were you for an entry level DSLR I would go for a camera that offers more AF points (cross type sensors) while choosing the camera.
    Megapixel count is fine if it is above 10-12 megapixel. Offers plenty to crop as well at that resolution.

If I may suggest buy a Canon 600D with preferably with EF lens instead of EF-S.
    You can sell the kit lens in deal since you already have 18-250mm as suggested by abhishekpachore, and buy a 50mm F1.8.

I strongly recommend a 50mm F1.8 that can offer you some serious low light capability along with good portrait shots capability,
    and also it will serve as a very good walk around lens in many scenarios.

IMHO, flipscreens are are prone to break if not taken care of. Barring few I don't see too many advantages of having one in everyday use.

If video you are looking at shooting videos then Nikon D5100 has an edge with contrast detection.

If you can stretch budget a bit go for 60D, it offers the best price to performance and feature set. Telephoto lens for birding needs demand extended range lenses like 150-500mm. Very often even 300mm seems less and range extenders have their own limitations.
    1 person likes this.