1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dropped remote key in water ; not working now

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by dnyaneshdivekar, Dec 26, 2012.

1. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    The idea is to remove the conductive mineral salts and then dry it out. It is the dissolved salts in sea water and tap water that cause the circuits to short out.
  2. dnyaneshdivekar

dnyaneshdivekar Timido

PUNE
    friends i have encountered same problems twice; with my pen drive and key .If anybody gets this problem n if it doesnt work after drying it.dont be panic recheck them after 2-3 months .they might work fine again.
  3. bibhupanda1

bibhupanda1 Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    I am facing similar problem with different reason.. :(

All this happened today afternoon. Yesterday I parked my car at night with proper lock through remote. Being Sunday today, I thought of washing my car. So took a bucket of water and went to car. Pressed the remote for unlock and nothing happened. Went very close, still nothing. Finally had to open the car with inserting the key.

AFAIK nothing had happened yesterday till today noon with the keys. I did open the key battery and cleaned. Strange thing observed is when i remove and insert the tray (Key battery tray), it opens the boot. All other features are working fine like auto lock at 20 km, Boot open by FOB switch etc.

Can you guys help me? Shall i focus on the key only? Central lock system must be ok?