1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dropped remote key in water ; not working now

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by dnyaneshdivekar, Dec 26, 2012.

1. dnyaneshdivekar

dnyaneshdivekar Timido

PUNE
    ya in sea water.
  2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

BTW

OFF Topic:- Welcome to TFI. It is sad that your first post and thread is not a happy one. May i suggest cheering all of us a bit with an ownership review of linea and some good pics ? :)
  3. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Sea water ? :p Try the things mentioned by other TFI ians and still if it doesn't work take your key card to TASS and order for a new one. I read somewhere that they ship the new keys from ITALY.
  4. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    As you said key was in contact with sea water, I doubt this will work with washing & drying because sea water corrodes the electronics quickly.
  5. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
  6. dnyaneshdivekar

dnyaneshdivekar Timido

PUNE
    BRAVO
    It started working partially.Locks the car and opens the boot.Lets hope it opens lock after few days.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Same thing was happend with my Pendrive 3yrs back.it was wet in heavy rain and later it didnt workd.I thought i lost all my imp. data.And pen drive was lying in drawer for two yrs .Few days back again i tried and surprisingly all the data was ther in pendrive and it started working fine as it was before.

- - - Merged Post - - -

lets hope same with my unlocking switch.
    2 people like this.
  7. dnyaneshdivekar

dnyaneshdivekar Timido

PUNE
    finally key started functioning normal.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Great ! Maybe in three months, it dried thoroughly :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I had a similar experience in 2009.
    Went to swimming pool forgetting key is in my pocket. Dismantled, dried using hair dryer and it worked fine immediately (in about 10 mins of drying).
    The key was for an old Honda Accord.
  10. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    Glad that you got it working.

I had dropped my mobile phone in sea water and was not working. When I gave for repair, the shop guy told that I should have removed the battery, wash with plain water and then dried it asap. I think same thing can be applied here too.