1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Drop in Pick up for Punto

Discussion in 'Technical' started by SOOZ_P, Aug 31, 2013.

1. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have been facing a drop in pick up in first and second gear since few days. I have been to KHT FASS for check up but they took a test drive but saying everything is normal. Is any other way to check? My 2 yr service is pending in November. Can I do the servicing earlier to the mentioned date ? Current ODO reading is 14K.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The service schedule is 15,000 kms or 1 year. Is this the second free service or the third? You can tell them you are planning a long drive and would like the service to be done before you leave.

Rajan
  3. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ranjan, if you consider the 5K normal check ups as a service then yes, it is the 3rd service which is due. Let me try that. But will it resolve the issue? I was just trying different options to get a confirmation that everything is normal as suggested by KHT guys.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

For poor pickup, initial troubleshooting:

• Clean/Replace air filter
    • Check turbo hose for cuts/leaks which would mean black smoke and loss of pickup

Sometimes, it can be fuel quality too. Try tanking up from an other bunk and see.
  5. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    This sometimes happens to my car too and I take it as its "mood swing" :) Someday it just wants to fly making me difficult to control in traffic and someday it says please be patient. I try to adjust my mood based on hers and by now I really know why FIAT named it "Emotion". It has emotions and more like human beings and that's why we feel so very connected with it.

BTW, I try to treat these symptoms generally by cleaning/replacing air filter and disconnecting and reconnecting -ve terminal. But there can be other problems too as posted by DRIV3R above.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Also keep an eye on tyre pressure too, even that matters.
    1 person likes this.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @SoozThis problem is big mystry for FASS also.From 2009 I am trying to solve but coudn't succeed
  7. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, since two days I drove my punto with bit high rpms for initial 2 gears. Today evening I felt that car came to normal mode. The pick up is good. Is this some kind of dust or something that is cleared now? This is quite surprising :confused:
  8. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    You just showed an MJD what it meant to be one. Take it on a spirited drive (high rpm) on regular intervals to let ECU believe that you know what an MJD is ;) Nowadays I always change gears at 3000 rpm. Reason? Just love revving it and enjoy the flight feeling ;)
    1 person likes this.
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Visited FIAT exclusive ASS M/s Aadyam Motors, Aurangabad. Handed over car for 3rd service.

Mechanic told me they will replace EGR Valve on trial & error basis for problem of poor performance.

I shall update after servicing of car.