1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Driving to Leh - Why?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by PatchyBoy, Jul 16, 2013.

?

Why am I driving to Leh?

1. It is the only adventure spot left in the country

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. It is the Mecca of road trips

21 vote(s)
    63.6%
  3. Just want to prove to myself that I can do it

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Everyone else is doing it. Why not me?

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    right every tom dick and harry is attempting it but for each of them its a lifetime achievement and that's probably why they are doing it anyway.
    So though the traffic is increasing to that portion of the indian territory its still challenging for guys attempting it.

Secondly there are many many places even in HP which are still under explored and BCMTouring can give you a list of those places as well.
    So the adventure is still very much desirable for many more years to come
    1 person likes this.
  2. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bang on Rachit! I second your thoughts.
    I have been to leh & Nepal on my bike but still to explore the North east, which In my opinion would be equally beautiful.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I downloaded and watched this movie after reading your post. liked it very much. thanks :)

The last place in changthang plateau that Gaurav goes to was Chumar which was in news last week for chinese insurgency!!
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Glad you liked it. I had bought the DVD when it was released and have watched in 30+ times so far. I never get bored watching it :D

Rajan
  5. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    Hmm... think of it as a pilgrimage of sorts, you would find a different answer to your questions... The poll results show that as well..
  6. vipin.rai

vipin.rai Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its not about every tom n dick going there. Its about passion and adventure to drive on world's highest passes, to see the beauty of naked mountains, to see the beautiful blue water lakes, to feel the breathlessness at several thousands of meters. It gives sense of great achievement on conquering the world's highest mountain ranges. None of the others places can be compared with Leh Ladakh. You can get lush green rain forests of north east at many other regions like western ghats, Uttranchal, Himachal in India and lots of places around the world. But you cannot get the Ladakh kind of terrain unless you go beyond the Himalayas inTibet. So it is also about its uniqueness.
    3 people like this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ This is the best response yet :Clap

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  8. venka

venka BANNED

Sitting in London airport typing this reply.

Land rover is airing a ad in London airport which is shot in Leh n Ladakh.

This is such a lovely place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.