1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Driving the XJ (alongwith Ride and handling comparison with Punto)

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by royj, Feb 3, 2012.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I recently got a chance to drive the Jaguar XJ which came to our office as a sort of 'testing device' ;)
    While comparing it with a Punto would not be fair to either of them, that was exactly what I was doing while driving it around.
    Appearance wise the Punto definitely holds its ground in front of the much bigger XJ.
    Gadgetry comparison doesn't make sense so would be the power and acceleration so I did not bother to do that.
    Then comes the ride and handling. While my colleagues who own the Hyundai's and Maruthi's were awestruck with the precise handling smooth ride it was all familiar terrain for me.
    Definitely the ride is smoother and handling precise for a huge car, it was not that much ahead, when compared to my Punto. If I give 9.5/10 for the XJ in ride and handling, the Punto would get an 8.5 or 9. The Maruthis and Hyundais I know of would score around 3 or 4.

Now some pictures

DSC_4765.jpg

DSC_4766.jpg

DSC_4708.jpg

DSC_4783.jpg

2012-02-03 13.38.13.jpg
    20 people like this.
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Wow!! You are a lucky man! :) I recently drove the Merc C class Avantgarde, but Linea's steering is better i feel! :) Obvious power was more, and it was a 1.8 Petrol..
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I agree its a Fiat forum,but why would you compare a Wheezy Punto to a Jag????

They are planets apart.
    Please post something that makes sense-this makes you look like a blind fanboy.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yeah right. But we develop systems that go into the Jag and so I feel it is fair for me to do this comparison. It is as much a criticism on me as it would be on a Jag.
    3 people like this.
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I am not being a critic here,it just that you cant really compare these two cars,they are planets apart,as i said.
    Anyways,it would have been better if you would have written more about jag's experience rather than comparing it to a punto.
  6. r2d2

r2d2

In jest. The indian punto and the XJ have a common family member- sibling and parent respectively, in Tata Motors. :)
    2 people like this.
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Writing about the Jag experience was on my mind initially, but then it is going to be long and sometimes boring. You can find any number of similar experience stories elsewhere.
    If you read through my post once more, you will realize that I compared only one aspect of the Jag with the Punto. I did not make a car to car comparison. And I agree with you, you can't compare a car that cost 6 Lakhs with one that cost over 10 times as much.
    2 people like this.
  8. What I dont understand is..... is the ODO max kmph showing 170 or have i read wrong..................:shocked
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    The dial is calibrated in mph. You can see that at the top of the dial. In addition, there is a digital readout in kmph at the bottom. That is what causes the confusion.
  10. Ok.... doubt cleared......... ;)