1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Driver side door not unlocking

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by vishwas, Jul 14, 2010.

1. vishwas

vishwas

Pune
    Today when I tried to unlock my car from my office parking, to my horror I found that the driver side door was not unlocking.
    All the other doors are locking/unlocking correctly. I tried opening manually, inserting a key, unlocking from inside, etc but still the lock seems jammed.
    Has anyone experienced the same before?? any ideas what this could be?
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Though I never had this situation, do the car is still having the issue? Or it just happend once and now its fine?
    If the situation is same and repeats, do go to TASS and ask them to look into it. If its just once and its working fine, then may be just ignore this.
  3. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    take it to the service center whenever you get a chance , have em' check it thoroughly
  4. vishwas

vishwas

Pune
    The issue is still there. I am hopping on the driver seat from the passenger door.
    yeah planning to take it tomo... the irony is it happ today evening and I took the delivery of the car after 1st service just today morning.
  5. If you havent been able to visit them for this due to time constraint, do try giving a call to them or the support help desk and ask for options to see to it yourself. But again, it is better to give a visit asap for this, you know, emergencies come when you least expect.!!
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @vishwas : did they open the door panel or do some related work during the first service ? I have a feeling they messed up something "during" the service.

Which SC is this ? Bhandari or Pandit ?
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Had faced a similar issue with Santro rear left door when water gets in. It had AutoCop installed. It was a mess during rains and after service, but the problem would go away if you park the vehicle under sun for a few hours. Finally replaced the actuator on that door and the problem disappeared.
  8. vishwas

vishwas

Pune
    @ Amogh : It was pandit. There was no work done on the door panel, Got the the rubber beadings changed on the rear right door ... Did not get anytime to go today, Will go tomo for checking this out.
    @roy : Interesting, so could this be because water got into when washing or something!!
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    It is a possibiliy. In Santro it was a problem with actuator that was aggravated due to water. At times had to pull the lever really hard to open, wouldn't open on remote.
  10. My Punto Active's co-driver side door lock was broken. I was not able to open it from inside also. The service center people made a quick fix during the free check-up camp. I was able to open only from inside. Later during the first service it was fixed completely. They promised to replace the lock under warranty, if it happens again.