1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Driver side door central lock issue

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Ukd, May 1, 2016.

1. Ukd

Ukd Timido

India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have a Fiat grade punto 2012. I am facing a peculiar problem. When I try to central lock from passenger side front door, all doors get locked. However when I try to lock from driver side central door, then only that door gets locked. Moreover when I open the driver door the indoor cabin light does not turn on.. I replaced the driver door lock with a new one. However still the problem could not be resolved..can anyone help
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Ukd
    Did you check the cabin light position, must have been in the Off position? If only the driver side door gets locked when the central locking is depressed, then the issue still lies with the door lock. Better get it changed again.
  3. Ukd

Ukd Timido

India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cabin light position is on position. The cabin light turns on if I open the other doors. However when I open the driver door it's does not turn on. Moreover when i open the driver door the total kilometer reading displayed below the speedometer used to glow earlier. Now that does not happen.
    I think there may be some electrical issue.
  4. RajeshLamba

RajeshLamba Novizio

Bhubaneshwar
    Linea 1.4
    @Ukd ...Ur door still tells the car that it is locked...some problem with a microcontroller module which is fitted in your dvr door. If in warranty. .it can get replaced free..u may try that

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk