1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Drive Shaft Punto MJD

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by vista7155, Dec 6, 2016.

1. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

Hi,
    My punto requires the right side drive shaft/CV joint change.
    In FASS the cost is 6k and I feel it's on really higher side compared to any other car in the segment.
    Where dezire replacement costed 3200 around and changed at 95k odo.
    Punto has done just 52k and staring for change in drive shaft,Really Fiat sucks in spares quality.
    In another 8k kms timing chain change(really making hole in the pocket):banghead:.
    Dezire(currently at 1.1lk kms)and punto have gone through in same roads and also well maintained with regular service,which was done even before official recommended interval.
    Still Punto suffers from niggles and issues.

The purpose to start this thread is to get more information about aftermarket drive shaft and shops in the location who sells it and also online link to source the part(no 99rpm due to the price, which is almost equivalent to FASS) or rebuild the drive shaft.
    As I am also hunting for aftermarket if someone here points out, it will be much appreciated.

@mods searched for drive shaft thread and didn't find one so if any similar threads are existing please merge it and sorry for the inconvenience caused

2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

:
    Grande Punto 1.3
    6K for CV joint change, i think they are wrong or may be some miscommunication

in 2013 , i done this change for "Lower Arm RH :- 2187Rs + vat 273 Rs". You can refer here.

PradeepM likes this.
  3. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

^^ I went through your thread but my car issue is entirely different.
    I am talking about below product.

13.png

4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

:
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How did you come to the point that Drive shaft has failed ? Symptons please ?

My car also have been abused alot, didn't found any issues till now related to drive shaft.

5. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

The symptoms are when you start to take U turn with accelerator input the khat kaht(clicking noise) sound starts and it is observed when it is 70% more steering turn(youtube video will be best bet to understand) in my case it's right turn.
    Normally it is CV Joint worn out and major cause is due to torn boot,slowly dust will enter and bearing gives up.
    In my case there are is no torn boot but noise is present and we can hear it loud but once steering becomes straight the noise disappears.
    Fass will not replace CV joint they will recommend full axle shaft replacement but in delhi I heard there are more players who will replace with new CV joint on old axle shaft.

Ganges likes this.
  6. KKAUL

KKAUL Amatore

delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    CV joints are replaced in Delhi quite common if your spline end is perfect.
    There are n number of players for manufacturing them. It is mainly the bearing which wears out after the grease has dried from the Cup mainly due to leak by any means. Joint replacement is a valid solution if you can source good quality CV joints.By only putting a SKF or NTN bearing does'nt guarantee the rotational concentricity which majority of the local players do.It is mainly the cost of the joint dominating the Shaft.,may be 50 to 60%.Better to Get a SKF joint if possible which is very difficult
    Explore that market (J C road)you mentioned and you will be able to source

7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

8. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

^^ Had research on this and decided to go for full change against only cv joint as it's costing same.
    Thanks for the link and also I got this link earlier but was in dilemma about rebuilding or replacing the part.
    I will make one attempt in auto street and then go for change.

9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I had a similar issue on my previous car ( Hyundai) and the authorized service center quoted 15K for the part and labour additionally. Eventually I had to take to a trusted mechanic who got the job done in 8K. I think he fixed it and not replaced it, Iam not sure how though. So in case you know someone whom you can trust you can give it a hit and see how it works out.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  10. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

I went for FNG well known by friend and his endy is serviced there.
    The guy coated 3700-4K including SC and 6 Months warranty with old part exchange but FASS denied the part warranty for replaced part:banghead: also cost is 8K.
    Tomorrow going for change and let me update once it is completed.

PradeepM likes this.