1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Drive shaft Assembly & A-mounting bracket damaged

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by fiatlover, Apr 5, 2013.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Finally seeing some action in the form of a reply to my email, from mangesh involving FIAT India Service and GM service at KHT. Hoping some progress by tomorrow.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Good to see some progress in this regards. Hope your beast roars again soon!
    1 person likes this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Some positive updates finally! Extended warranty is approved for drive shaft but rejected for mounting pads. Happy and relieved to that extent. The frustration was mostly on the time taken, first to diagnose the issue, and then for the extended warranty approval. My car has been lying at KHT for almost a week now. All seems to be well now. I will be getting the car back today.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
    3 people like this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    After two weeks of trial and pains, finally my Punto is back in action. All issues seem to be resolved as of now. I drove some 15 kms. Gearshift and clutch are smooth, the metallic noise is gone too. Will observe for a couple of days more to see if anything new pops up.

One thing about Punto is, all the problems, pains and frustration that you undergo for whatever reasons are forgotten the moment you step in to the cockpit and hold the steering. :redcar
    3 people like this.
  5. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hi Fiatlover,

Good to see your car is back in shape.I would not second you on the above note.Had it been any other brand or some other car you would have felt happy not because of the car you drive in,it is all because you have put in your hard earned money to buy the car.

I myself had been in same situation like yours,where in my car was lying at dealership for 10-10 days.My thinking at that time was very much in-sync with your thinking i.e what may ever come like niggles and issues but Fiat is Fiat.This thought was there for good two years in my mind but issues are unstoppable here and over the period i have realized its your hard earned money invested and you have to accept it.

Warranty and extended warranty can't compensate the amount of time we spent on running here & there.At very 1st place why were such products sold,for which warranties have to be in picture almost from day 1.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    CV bushings are available in kava Motors, mumbai and they r cheap.
  7. Even my car spent almost 3 months in TASS, i used to feel the same way , i understand and share your concern. But since last 1 year I go to my trusted mechanic to service and help solve any niggles in my car.
    I am as happy as any other car owner of better supported brands,from posts i read it is not clear whether parts in question has been from faitlover's car, as all these dealership needs to survive they need to make money and pay those semi skilled staff.
    1 person likes this.
  8. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi

It should improve now as its Fiat exclusive now and more stress on spares and availability with dedicated helpline etc

I am equally skeptical about the same and equally positive about it
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  9. Hi Fiat Lover, glad to know the babe is back in shape and rocking again after all the pain.

Keep crunching the miles and be safe, brother.
    1 person likes this.
  10. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    My car has run close to a lakh kms & totally concur with your views. The car is mechanically sound...no issues with the engine. But there are these niggling issues that crop up time & again. The whole ownership experience is a love - hate relationship. One moment your in love with the drive, the balance, the control and the next moment you are total frustrated about the time, money spend and the step motherly treatment at TATA. In mumbai the SCs do deliver on time but the costs are exorbitant. Warranties are fine but they rarely honor any Extended warranty. Even if they honor they will ensure that they make up for it by charging for something else which they claim has to be replaced. And the choice is yours either you wait for the claim to cleared which can take days or get it done without going through the trouble of warranty claim.
    At this juncture when the car has done quite a few kms, something or the other trouble keeps coming up. I know FIATS are build to last but I think that is relevant only for the body shell and the engine. The other components ..Im not sure. These costs of upkeep are killing. Even if FIAT dedicated ASS come trumps I dont think I have the deep pockets to go there every time. My search for an independent guy to maintain the car is on and like somebody mentioned KAWA motors has most of the spares.
    Now the important question is why im not getting rid of her? That is something that even I m trying to understand. There is some connection or bonding that makes it difficult to part with the car. I have a honda city and that car is just too refined and no nonsense compared to linea but the city never managed to connect deep inside like the fiat. This car is like one brattish kid demanding constant attention...which can piss you off but the time you spend with this kid can wipe off all your worries. Not many things in this world are capable of this miracle!
    On practical note what will a LINEA owner graduate to as his next car upgrade (forget the functional parameters)?
    2 people like this.