1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Drive shaft Assembly & A-mounting bracket damaged

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by fiatlover, Apr 5, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    i also had spring noise from suspension and it came out to be some issue with the right drive shaft joint itself.
    TASS at mysore road just removed it from the assembly and gave it a few manual turns and twists and surprisingly the noise is gone.
    I'm now worried though as i've clocked 38K and if there is a problem i need to get it replaced under EW!!

Dont know
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Somehow I feel unsafe to take the car for a long drive after seeing a series of critical parts failing as if in a chain reaction.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Actually the extended warranty is nothing but the insurance on parts from a third party. Fiat doesn't pay for it. So if the case represented is not strong by the dealer then they sometimes reject.In this case they make the customer pay for it.
    But you stay strong and go by the extended warranty book. If it's mentioned there show it to them and deny paying a penny.
    If needed involve fiat.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Exactly this what I am pointing to. Are dealers making our claims weak when the work invloves long hours of work and costly parts? As we customers dont have any role in intimating the claim to third party insurer, other than fighting for the claim, we are really helpless and depend on the mercy of the SC. We all know that labor is not chargeable if the part is replaced under warranty.

See my claim form and rejection report when the clutch kit failed. See what is written in the observations column and the defect details. The clutch plate got damaged due to damaged release bearing, as the SA and the technician themselves explained to me.
    claimrequest.jpg

claimreport.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Wow, that is some ENGLISH. :D

Fiatlover, am in a similar state having two Fiats in our house. Both cars have been having exponentially increasing niggles that too within few months of ownership. The Europeans are sure not as reliable as the Japanese.

Best of luck for your car to be in best shape.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Yes it is mentioned in the Ext Warranty manual, snapshot below.
    extwarranty parts covered.jpg
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    DRIV3R,One year consists of 12 months,out of 12 months my car has some or the other issues for 10 months.In a year satisfaction is for 2 months and rest of the months are all about visit to TASS,writing mails and shelling out money from pocket.Apart from the body shell and the engine i suspect and surely doubt on the product.If this is the product they are offering am never gonna buy FIAT again.
    3 people like this.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Was thinking on the same lines, unfortunately. I will still buy a FIAT, but may not keep it for more than three years or 30k kms. That is when issues start coming up. My ownership experience has been good for three years. Chain of events since last december...
    -Clutch master pump fails(replaced under warranty)
    -Shock absorber starts leaking(replaced at own cost) (around 3k for part and labor)
    -clutch release bearing fails resulting in clutch plate failure (replaced at own cost though they are covered in extended warranty; around 7k for part and labor)
    -Engine mounting bracket fails(no idea whether this covered in warranty or not. Not mentioned anywhere in the warranty book, whether included or excluded)
    -drive shaft fails(extended warranty claim submitted and waiting, fingers crossed)
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    No progress yet :(
    There is no progress on the warranty claim submitted. The SA says he hasn't heard from the warranty people, even after a reminder. May be still thinking whether to pass the claim or to screw up this hapless customer! Whatever, waiting!
  10. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi

I feel afraid and tensed reading the list :)