1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DRIVE SAFELY

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Subhendusc, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Almost all of us may have seen that a budding film actor of Bengal Mr Piyush Ganguly was seriously injured in a road accident. He later died in the Hospital yesterday night.

He was travelling in a MUV when his MUV collided with a bus. Mr Ganguly was driving the car and another performer was in the co driver seat. I will not say the brand name of the MUV as then people will start discussion about the safety of FIAT cars. But only thing I will say that it was a non European Manufacturer car.
    But why did Mr ganguly was so seriously injured?

Most of us who drive in the Highway have the habbit of removing the seat belt once we cross the city limits. And Mr ganguly did exactly that. Although his co passenger was belted , he had removed the seat belt. The collision with the bus was not at very high speed. But since there was no seat belt , Mr Ganguly had severe chest injury. Air Bags are of no use without seat belts .
    Secondly , the Indian Government should make it mandatory that all the cars should pass the crash test.
  2. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Sad to hear. Rest In Peace Ganguly and thanks for the sensible topic, Subhendusc.
  3. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I request all the members particularly senior members of the forum to input safety norms in this thread. It would be helpful to all of us.
    gopan likes this.
  4. Masum Reza

Masum Reza Novizio

Kolkata
    Linea 1.3
    I saw a video in Facebook? The bus or truck which hit the car did a lot of damage.Because the a pillar was totally bent inside the cabin towards the driver.Also at that road where the accident occurred the heavy vehicles do overtaking manoeuvres with high risk from the opposite lane.So a person in a small hatch or sedan has vey little in self defense in such a situation. Though wearing seat belts should be totally mandatory cause thats the only thing which is universally present in all cars and which is really good at keeping the person stuck to the seat in case of an accident.