1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dried salt water marks on body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by rahulvfx, Mar 9, 2013.

1. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    I have this issue. Dried water marks are there on the body of my car and I guess it is salt water only. Did anybody faced this kind of issue? And please suggest me something to clear the marks. Also I have tried shampoo but nothing happened.

Thanks in Advance,

salt_mark_01.jpg salt_mark_02.jpg
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I dont think it is salt. It may sulphur and other minerals present in hard water, which when dried, appears as white salt like deposit. I think it is the result of washing the car in hard water and not wiping the water away completely.
  3. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    It's the result of washing the car with hard water & not drying it completely. Happens all the time when you entrust her to a car wash guy.

What you need is a paint cleaner, but most of them need to be imported, so Meguiar's Ultimate Polish with a good foam / microfiber pad is your best bet. They may not all go away in one attempt, but will reduce sizeably. If you polish them once a week 3-4 times, you'll lose all of them.
  4. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    I have the same problem. The guy who washes my car uses hard water. Since my car is flamenco red its seen even more. :(

TFI Support - Please do not quote entire post
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2013
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It is suffering to me also.
    My 90 HP,Pulsar 220 FI, Kinetic Flyte & Bajaj Super all have salt deposits.
    White deposit.
  6. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore

Yaa, it's true, after checking this comments, I checked with the car cleaning guy (while he was cleaning) found he left the water on the edges of each corner. So may be from the next month I will clean my car weekly but I will do it on my own...

@ Linear -- thanks for your reply... but is Meguiar's Ultimate Polish available in india? Or is there ant desi alternate way to remove the same ???

Thanks

Greetzzzz
  7. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    It's very much available. They have dealers in all the metros. Please visit their FB page & ask for details of dealer in Bangalore. A 16 oz. bottle costs 749 Rs. Alternatively, that is also available with 3M car care centres.

Please do not try jugaad way to remove these - you might end up scratching your paint.
  8. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    cool .. thanks man ...
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013