1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dreamy girl... My cute BNW Linea !!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramvignesh, Jan 30, 2013.

1. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    The Goodyear R16 205/55 tyre costs 6998Rs mrp (some eagle pattern) in Pondicherry. Got it replaced :)
    Inflated and filled up nitrogen in all tyres.
    And, It was yesterday on Valentines day, I did permanent registration & got the number.
    I didnt wanted to drill up and fit the number plate. So, I have put stickering - Normal Black fonts on a Reflector white background sticker. Will be looking great on night time.
  2. GT3 got a sidewall cut, even I managed to have cut at 35 K Kms,be it any tire make if one is not careful side walls can get damaged.
  3. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Thats too bad. Already damaged side wall will also develop crack with higher air pressure or while running. Should be carefull on pre delivery inspection.
  4. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    I need some guidance. I got a crack in the front windshield of my New linea. Just 1800kms done.
    Enquired with RDC motors, Chennai and I was told that warranty is not applicable. Stock is also not available currently.
    Is there any other good place in Chennai where I can get it replaced asp?
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Hi Ram, were you following one of those stupid trucks carrying illegal sand near Chengalpet? Cos, I got a windshield crack on my brand new Punto, hardly two weeks old, when driving back from neyveli while doing so.

I got a new windshield fitted by windshield experts, arumbakkam as they only had the stock. Seeing the way TASS handles Fiats I was not ready to give the car there hence went with WE. They did a good job, but it was very painful to watch them remove the windshield. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  6. Fiat1100

Fiat1100 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Congrats Ramvignesh, welcome to TFI. Njoy driving.
  7. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Hi hi :) My native is also Neyveli. Pls share your ownership thread here if you have.
    And Yes, I am also not satisfied with the RDC motors and their response. I was behind them for rear fog lamp for many days. Still not got fitted.
    There answer is 'NO STOCK'. No wonder for Windshield. Neither they couldn't tell the tentative date. Wish TATA itself handled the ASS.

Windshield experts also out of stock.
    RNV, Vadapalani does have stock for normal glass But mine have Rain sensor. So, It would take few more days. Unable to fix it :(
    Pls share if there is any other dealer in Chennai.

-Vignesh
  8. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Done ~ 5800kms with 1st service done -

Issues/Niggles faced with the car -
    1. Rear tyre blown out at just 130kms while on the way after delivery - shd be already damaged before delivery which got blown out on running. Goodyear provided 25% goodwill discount.
    2. Front windshield got crack from its bottom at 1800 kms - noticed a small dot in the exact center bottom of windshield from where the crack developed. Again shd be a defect but I got it fix through insurance - rs.2500
    3. Boot lid is very hard to close - left as such since it will be alright after some time / safe that it wont fall on the head while loading the boot
    4. Left Rear fog light was not working since the delivery - Later automatically it started working :)
    5. Noise from the front while braking on steep ramp
    6. "Insufficient oil pressure" warning almost everytime I start the engine in the morning or after 2 or more days. This issue still not got fixed after mentioning in 1st service.
    7. Driver side front fog light silver grill fell off while a dog got hit on a highway (dog was thrown away to road side and got rolled. not sure if it would have survived :( )

My Experience & review -

Rear seat leg room:
    Terribly awkward rear seat leg room. Though I am short, with My driving position itself rear leg room is just OK.
    While my brother driving, he finds it hard as he couldnt pull the seat further back for a proper thigh support.
    Steering tilt:
    I wish the steering could be tilted lower bit further.
    Ergonomics:
    Power window controls - Placed bit far.. many time I opened rear windows while I try to open the front
    Pendrive slot hidden in the glove box is very tough to use

I studied in one of the reviews that Italians are known for long hands and short legs. And linea's ergonomics are best set for Italians.
    I think FIAT should update this for Indian edition. It should be the reason for very poor driver side rear leg room and ofcourse the power window controls.

Key slot gets scratched even though I consciously try to insert it correctly & its a pain to see it old
    Steering mounted control buttons are hard, too bad and very poor sensitivity.
    Rear curtain is brilliant. Do we get a similar arrangement done to door windows as well? I noticed those in a BMW.
    Poor Storage space inside the cabin. Boot volume is awesome but its floor is not flat inside especially near the rear seat. I wish some hard cardboard be placed to make it flat.
    No remote control for Audio system
    No buzzer for central locking / reverse

Features:
    My Car feature is awesome. I just love the Orange lighting & particularly those two LEDs
    Rain sensor is really useful but sometimes it works hard even if it is dizzling. Still it is brilliant.
    Auto head lamps are brilliant but I got to manually turn it off everytime I switch off / on the ignition.
    Follow me headlamps - havent tried till now. Just remembered while writing this Shd be great
    Bluetooth.. really useful. but scrolling the phonebook with those hard button on steering is tough
    Pendrive slot not picking up smartphone SD card still using it at times for charging !
    Handrest and that dead pedal (foot rest near the clutch) were much useful

Audio system - Sound quality is not bad but I wish I could upgrade the speakers/woofer. am just not confident to do this.
    FM quality is not good.
    Folder/Song navigation is tough while using pendrive - only way is through the My car feature by driver side.
    Inserting the pendrive in its slot is a real tough

AC cooling is awesome even with no sun film & under hot sun.
    but when the outside temp is closer to set temp, the air quality seem to be poor. Its like only the fan running while the AC is switched off. Anyone felt the same?

AC throw in the rear seems to be not perfect as few times I got to manually increase the fan speed, though still I didnt get a good chance to ride on the rear seat.

Gear shifting is not much fun.
    While I am riding alone, I feel the power is great.
    But with 5 on-board with full luggage, have to be careful while moving from idle.
    Uphills - too sluggish; needs frequent gear changes;
    but revving it hard/riding fast which keeps it in the turbo range is really powerful even on steep uphill.
    It is more powerful even on 120kmph. Its the 0-50 kmph which is sluggish and loses to Swift I believe!
    Braking is very good & much better than the swift dezire

Stuffs I purchased for my car -
    Formula1 Carnauba wax
    Formula1 tyre foam
    Formula1 Glass cleaner with rain repellent
    Formula1 Bug & Tar remover
    Chamois leather
    Amway car wash shampoo
    Jopasu car duster
    Formula1 protectant with New car Scent
    Ambipur air freshner
    Reflector stickering for reg. number instead of drilling screws and number plate
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Few pics taken in Kodaikanal :)
    DSC03148.jpg
    DSC03149.jpg
    DSC03150.jpg
    DSC03151.jpg
    DSC03152.jpg
    2 people like this.