1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dreamy girl... My cute BNW Linea !!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramvignesh, Jan 30, 2013.

1. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Use a car shampoo to wash the car at least once in 15 days. wax it once in every 3 months . I use jopasu duster to clean the dust before taking her out for a ride. Its just a 2 minutes job and very very safe on paints. You can also purchase a microfiber cloth or chamois leather to wash her as they absorb water better than cloths.
    Take care :)
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Sure! Thank you :)
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Congrats...
    I saw that you've been using the car cover .. Now if possible please stop using it because wind brings dust with it for free and when you remove the cover from you car you invariably end up scratching it.
    since its BNW you might not see much but sooner than later you will start seeing a lot of scratches because of this and you will be left perplexed as to how it appeared in the first place..

Use cover only when its extremely imperative
    1 person likes this.
  4. shanmugam

shanmugam Amatore

Chennai
    welcome to TFI !!!!
    Happy Miles........
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Thank you :)
    & Sure, I will use it rarely when it is really needed. For now, I got to keep it safe and would use rarely until my marriage next month. I would clean the cover before removing it.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    +1 on avoiding the car cover.

Get a Jopasu duster and keep dusting the fine dust off regularly, say once a day. It works rather well when used within it's parameters - i.e. for fine dust only and dusting without applying any pressure.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Blown out tyre

I need some guidance from you TFI friends in regard of my blown out tyre.
    This happened on our first day after some 3 hours I took the deliver.

While on the way in Highway toll road, passing around just 100kms from Coimbatore (odo was reading around 130kms) and it was around 11 PM, I noticed a strange feel from the rear left wheel and was thinking to stop by and check it out. Within very few seconds, it got developed and was like the tyre got puntured. As I was on the fly over ramp, I couldnt stop immediately and got to the road side immediately after the fly over. Myself and my friend checked out and noticed a 2inch cut in the tyre side walls.
    In the initial 30 kms from coimbatore, the high way was having many 'take diversion' where the road was under construction. But then having crossed and through pacca highway, We just wondered how it could have happened and that too on the side walls.

We ourselves replaced with the spare tyre and we are back on track within 15 mins. I will post the tyre pics shortly.

I checked this issue with the Tafe service in Chennai on 28th Monday. Goodyear representative inspected and advised me that it is caused due to a cut through caused by a stone or any sharp objects and do not suffer any manufacturing defect and so warranty does not applicable.

Still, the representative asked me to follow up for a favourable support from Goodyear and finally I got 25% discount on new tyre. Following is the mail conversation:

Dear Vignesh,

Greetings from Goodyear !!!With reference to your mail Dated on 24/01/2013.We We thank you for the kind courtesy extended to our CSE Mr. Anand(Customer service Engineer) .
    Tyre Checked do not suffer from any manufacturing defect. On observation found Thru damage due to some road hazard / sharp object / impact. Such damages are not covered for warranty replacement.As the damage is due to external factor not a manufacturing defect,Hence not adjustable.

As a very very special case and request from your side as well as to give benefit we will be providing 25% goodwill discount on a new tyre at the time of purchase.

Kindly confirm the same.

Thanking you and assuring you our best services always

x-x-x

I have doubt if this would have happened due to improper tyre pressure set by the Car dealer (or) due to some strange manufacturing defect.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Side walls are relatively soft and hence sharp stones can easily tear it off. I had the same incident 8 months ago when I was driving my car along a village road (technically off roading:D) . Accidently the front tyre hit a survey stone, which was about 10 cm high, at the edge of the so called road( My eyes failed me here) when i tried to pass an auto parked on the other side of the road. Unfortunately the hit was at the sidewalls. The scissoring effect between the sharp edged stone and the alloy wheel gifted a cut close to 2 inches to the tyre.
    As per the advise from a mrf guy, my appolo accelere has been patched,tubed and now resting at the boot as the fifth tyre.
    btw happy marriage wishes in advance. padhinaarum pettu peruvaazhvu vaazhga :)
  9. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Thank you for the wishes :) Mikka nandri!!!
    Can you tell how much would a single tyre cost? (R16) The Goodyear represntative demanding me Rs 5460 inspite of its 25% discount. I really wonder if it is that costly.
    1 person likes this.
  10. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I am not sure about the cost. some other gurus may help you here :)