1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dreamy girl... My cute BNW Linea !!!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by ramvignesh, Jan 30, 2013.

1. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    This is Vignesh from Chennai. I have been crazy about this car since September and researching about this car had been my hobby.
    I would say this is my 2nd love at sight. Whenever I got to see a linea pass by, My heart beat increases and would feel bit nervous as I felt the same when I saw my girl almost 8years back. Having succeeded in both loves, I got my dear linea as I am getting married soon.

Since I was a bit tight on budget, I checked with many dealers all over TN and it was Tafe Coimbatore who offered me a 2012 July Emotion BNW MJD for 10.2L on road with free temp registration. It was 24th Jan when myself and my friend reached the dealer around 8:30AM in the morning, this place is around 380kms from my native. As soon I got in, I saw my car taken out from yard for diesel. I could never forget this first feeling and the day itself was one of my best day in life. I was with the dealer right from the morning to evening around 8PM when I got it delivered. The car was so genuine and I loved it from the moment I saw in the morning.

The dealer and the showroom was very professional and genuine. I finished off the deal with 10.1L on road plus 10K worth accessories.
    I choose - door sills, complete floor mat in black, carpet in black, neck rest, 2 pillows, reverse parking sensor with rear view mirror with reverse display. This mirror is placed over the existing rear view mirror but later found I couldnt use the anti-glare during night driving.

I found there is NO sound when I lock or unlock the car. Also there is NO reverse sound. I am not sure if this is the case with everybody.
    The dealer told 3M wax polish was done but I dont think it has been done. Even the washing was as clean as it should be for deliver.

After delivery I took it to temple for a small Pooja and put fuel to full tank. Started my first dream drive after dinner by around 9:30 PM

First drive was from coimbatore to Neyveli (~ 360kms) with AC-19.6 kmpl. Reached my native by around 3:30AM in the morning.

DSC_0037.jpg DSC_0038.jpg

Second drive was from Neyveli to Chennai (~ 180kms) with AC-20.0 kmpl (on Jan 26th)

DSC_0044.jpg DSC_0047.jpg

Third drive was in city returning 15.5kmpl for around 30km city drive!!!

Initially I felt like it is bit sluggish as read on reviews. But now I strongly feel, it is not at all underpowered. It is as good or even better than driving Swift dezire Zdi (My brother's car) comparing the engine performance.
    Engine was much smoother and silent than swift dezire diesel. But I havent pushed it to 2.5K rpm I think.

6 people like this.
  2. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Dear ramvignesh,

Congratulations on your Linea!!! Wish you happy mile munching :)

Cheers
    1 person likes this.
  3. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Vignesh, firstly welcome to TFI.
    Congratulation on bringing the beauty home.
    That is some very good mileage you got upfront, looking forward to more pictures of your ride :)
    Wishing you a lot of happy miles with your ride.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats on having the Dream Car Home.
    Wishing you Miles and Miles of Happy Ride with the Dream Girl.

I have seen the Yellow Bulb Glowing on the Instrument, That means some of the Bulb has blown off. Do check and replace the same.
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    DSC01443.jpg DSC01446.jpg DSC01454.jpg DSC01457.jpg DSC01469.jpg DSC01475.jpg DSC01476.jpg DSC01478.jpg DSC01483.jpg DSC01486.jpg DSC01487.jpg DSC01489.jpg DSC01494.jpg DSC01499.jpg DSC01508.jpg DSC01512.jpg DSC01513.jpg DSC01514.jpg DSC01517.jpg DSC01519.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thank you all :)

Thank you Tony. The display was showing "Check rear fog light". Left side fog light is not glowing. Have to check up with service guy.
    6 people like this.
  6. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Congrats on your dreamy girl! She looks gorgeous!
    Wish you lots of happy miles ahead :)
    Do keep this thread updated!
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Thank you :) Sure! Will do..
    btw. The interior orange lighting is awesome....
    I havent got any remote control for Audio system. Is it included?
    And does the central locking gives no sound while locking/unlocking?
  8. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats on the Linea Vignesh! BNW is an amazing colour. :)

There's no remote control for the audio system.

Central locking has no buzzer, there's just the sound of the doors locking/unlocking.
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    Thank you :)
    Since no buzzer, Have you installed any from market for central locking buzzer and for reverse sound?
    1 person likes this.
  10. elaramvani

elaramvani Novizio

Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
    Chennai
    Linea 1.4
    Welcome to TFI Mr.ramvignesh. Congrats on the Linea BNW!!!
    Exactly today by 3.30pm we went to RDC chennai for PDI of my colleague's Linea BNW. but it's VIN MCAXXXXX.....KLZ. It is OCt 2012 and It is JTD instead of MJD. and visited RDC service center also to see the progress. with warm welcome Mr. Tensingh offered good tea to our team and we spent more than 30 mins. and we came to know that they may be in full opn mode by 15th Feb 2013. We have seen they are arranging the fiat spares baggages. good to see this much spares!!!

Happy motoring! good luck!