1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dreams do come true - The story of my Oceanic Blue T Jet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Flywheel, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Actually its just been 45 days since I got my ride :)
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  2. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    2 month and first service update

Before I start the 2 month update let me get the fuel top us out of way

4184Km- 33 lit – 10.67 Kmpl (100% City driving)

4552 Km – 31 lit – 11.87 Kmpl (80% City and a trip to Lonavala and back)

So it’s been two months and I must say I am extremely satisfied with the way things have turned out, the odo now stands at 4600Km and I just received my RC Smart Card. As usual, there are mistakes and I will have to send it back for correction, the Cubic Capacity is mentioned as 1238 which will need to be changed ;). The mileage seems have increased a wee bit and I seem to be getting 11Kmpl average inside the city. She continues to play "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" with me, she purrs around town when the rpm is below 2000 and then starts snorting and snarling at everything in sight the moment I give the car a little stick. After a tiring day at work all I need to do is step on the throttle when I find a deserted stretch and a very satisfying smile spreads across my face.

I wanted to get the first service out of the way and before this weekend’s trip I am planning so with the odo around 4550Km I took her for service yesterday. I took a day off reached Pandit at 9 AM, I just requested for an oil/oil filter change.

My car was immediately moved to the express service bay and they started to work on it, with me hovering around the car and asking them numerous questions, nice chaps they were answered everything patiently. While the oil was being drained I just remembered the left front suspension feeling a little loose and requested the technician to check it and he spotted the link road was a little loose and tightened the bolt, he went ahead and checked all the nuts and tightened the hand brake as well. So, the entire service was done by 11 30 AM and my car left for the test drive and wash. I had half a mind of not asking them to wash the car since I was pretty sure they are going to add swirl marks but before I could do say anything the car was taken to be washed. As expected I noticed a lot of minor swirls all over the car after it was brought back after the wash. Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0 would come to rescue later on the evening.

By 12:30 PM the car was ready and I left the FASS by 1 PM, total damage to pocket was Rs.2300/-. Overall I must stay these new Exclusive centers are miles better in the way they treat customer and the ambience of the place.

Next stop was lunch and then I went to one of the alignment centers I found close to the service center and spent a good one and half hours there to get the balancing and alignment done. I rotated the tires front to rear and vice versa. They added something like 275 gms of weight all together to the tires. I was down another 1000 bucks and it was close to 4 in the evening and I was summoned to Hinjewadi by my better half since I was jobless( I did have some ulterior motives to ask her leave work early ;)) . I decided to tank up at Shell Hinjewadi and then reached home by 5 30 PM. During the drive to Hinjewadi and back I realized that the car was feeling nice and taunt.
    I would have to grudgingly agree than my better half is a lot better than me when to comes to waxing the car, she just has a lot more patience than me . As soon as we reached home and I told my better half I plan to wax down the car since I noticed a lot of swirls and would need her assistance, the moment I mentioned this I could see the light bulbs going off in her head and the understanding of why I wanted her to leave office early. Anyways, we started the waxing process around 6 and finished it around 8Pm in the night and most people in our society thought the both of us are nuts. The end result was most of the swirl marks were hidden but still some them are seen.

Signing off for now, more pictures and updates after this weekend’s trip.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    3 people like this.
  3. Krishna Menon

Krishna Menon Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    I am looking at your OB pics and trying to compare them with bsrej's OB and yours look a bit of dark than what he has. Is it just me? or others see this too?
  4. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    I have seen and felt that both TW and OB look dark under the roof and light under the sky:p..
  5. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    ^^That would because of a bit of a post processing I have done with the pictures ;)
  6. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    Under sun OB show different shades based on the angle at which sunlight falls on the car.
  7. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    This is true, OB will show different shades under different lighting conditions.
  8. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    The 5000 mark has come and gone and my Jet continues to perform flawlessly. Even after 2 months every once in a while I look at her I notice a new crease which looks impressive, a truly timeless design I must say.
    The odo is closing in on the 5500 KM mark and a couple of things I have noticed off late are

• The ICE is miles better than the older ones and I think I’ll live with it. It could do with improvement but I rarely use it now-a days. The engine note is great and I enjoy listening to it
    • The ride and handling are not as good as the pre 2012 models thanks to the higher GC. I am not complaining since a higher GC is something I am happy with, yes there is a little more roll but it’s well-controlled.
    • After using it during the rains and fog, I am thinking of going in either for Philips Xterme Vision or Osram Silver Star for the low beams. I don’t really want to have the whitish light but I am not sure where to get the Silver Stars in Pune.
    <dir>FE stats below

4751 – 19 – 10.47 Kmpl ( Fully city driving)

5023 – 18 – 15.10 Kmpl ( Murud Trip and Back)

5356 -30 – 11.10kmpl( Fully city dirving)
    Murud Trip :

You can find my travelogue to the here
    The highest FE I got was 16.2Kmpl with speeds between 110 to 120Kmpl on the expressway, the same dropped to 12.8kmpl with a heavy foot on the expressway when I was on the way back to Pune.
    The NVH levels at higher speeds was pretty amazing in the T JET, so overall I am a very happy man
    </dir>

WP_20131124_014.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    6 people like this.
  9. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Congratulations for the first 5k happy miles!!
    1 person likes this.
  10. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    I was on a forced vacation today and didn't have anything better to do, so spent 3 hrs with the mistress and this is the outcome

Sent from my RM-885_im_india_249 using Tapatalk

WP_20131220_003(1).jpg

WP_20131220_005.jpg

WP_20131220_004.jpg

WP_20131220_006.jpg

WP_20131220_009.jpg
    9 people like this.