1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dreams do come true - The story of my Oceanic Blue T Jet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Flywheel, Sep 28, 2013.

1. RVR

RVR

pune
    Congratulations on your new car. I too picked up a tuscan wine T Jet. I just wanted to know what mileage are you getting, I am getting 9km/ltr in the city. Though I bought the car for sheer driving pleasure I was hoping to garner atleat 12 to 13 in city driving.
  2. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    My take is somewhere around 9 is what I get as well when I drive during the peak hours. It goes up to around 11.5 to 12kmpl if you driving on relatively free roads with a light foot. Idling the car really eats up a lot into the FE, so if you want to get the best FE you should turn off the engine at signals where you idle for a long time.
  3. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Its been a month for pure Joy. The odo now stands at a shade over 3000 kms.

Pune -Hosur trip was 2100 kms and the other 900 has been done on the city.

Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk

WP_20131021_004.jpg
  4. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Yesterday me and my better half went to Shirdi and with a light foot on the throttle this is what I managed to achieve.

WP_20131026_003.jpg

I managed to get this over a 70 KM stretch, the overall trip mileage was 14.7Kmpl thanks to an awful 30 KM stretch before Shirdi and equally bad traffic jams in Ahmendnagar.

Thanks to new suspension set up I managed to get through the entire stretch without scrapping the sump guard anywhere. :)
    5 people like this.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I found one great product for the dashboard or any plastic/rubber trim for that matter.

uploadfromtaptalk1382892473427.jpg

It leaves a nice satin finish and fragrance. It also removes the invisible dirt and says that it protects from UV. Highly recommended, worth a try. You can get these from Shell petrol pumps. Also if there is a Reliance Autozone in your vicinity visit them, they are currently having a promo of 40% off on all Sonax products.
    4 people like this.
  6. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    congrats buddy!

conquered south with your punto,now its linea with north.

wishing you a lots & lots of happy miles ahead.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Shri1972

Shri1972 Amatore

Pune
    Hi,

The colour of you chose for your jet is simply great . Just wanted to know the performance of the AC system .

Shrinivas Patil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  8. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    The AC is actually very effective, I am comparing this with the 2010 Punto MJD and find this AC far better than it.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  9. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Just crossed the 4000kms mark today morning and it’s time for me to start thinking of the first service. I would probably be heading to Pandit in Bavdhan. I plan to get the engine oil and oil filter replaced, depending on the condition of the air filter I will either ask them to clean it or replace it. I thought I would get the balancing/alignment done somewhere outside, any recommendations?
    FE figures for the last two refills
    3429km – 23 liters- 14.40 Kmpl ( 60% Highway and 40% city)
    3832km – 33 liters – 12.21 kmpl (City driving, the roads in Pune were almost deserted because of Diwali)
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Less than 4 months time and you are approaching 5000 Mark, you are really enjoying this beast.... :)
    1 person likes this.