1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dreams do come true - The story of my Oceanic Blue T Jet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Flywheel, Sep 28, 2013.

1. acechip

acechip Superiore

Driving at an average speed of 90kmph, translates to maintaining 120kmph or thereabouts pretty much constantly (after catering to speed ups, slow downs, gradients and minor ghats) . Either you were very lucky with traffic esp in the maharashtra part or were taking some risks..Dont get me wrong, I dont mean to undermine your driving and you may be driving pretty safe, but 850km in about 9 hours is pushing it I feel. I have driven extensively for hundreds of miles at a stretch , but in the US of A. Even there, I used to feel that driving 75mph in some situations puts one slightly in a zone of potential control problems in case of emergency. In India, the road environment itself is a hugely deterrent factor.
    I drive the Jet too, but only occasionally take her to 120kph before backing off to a more sedate 100 kph, especially when I see a fully loaded Alto or WagonR trying to squeeze past me at 110 kph.. Fools, they all are..
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Thank you. I have seen it while I was driving that side. Will drop in sometime next weekend.

Thank you and your point is taken. I did set a speed buzzer at 130kmph and made sure I did not cross it, I usually tend to settle down driving at around 110 to 120 kmph when I have a good visibility of everything happening around the road. And yes, I was pretty lucky with respect to traffic, I only hit traffic a little after Satara and until then it was mostly me, my car and the road :) with a few trucks and an occasional car. I am not sure if it was the time I travelled or the day.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Topped up my tank today and thought I would update some FE information

Odo: 2792
    Average FE so far : 12.89 Kmpl
    Best FE :16.3 Kmpl (Hubli to Chitradurga)
    Worst FE :7.8 Kmpl ( Happened Yesterday when I took close to 2 hours to cover 8 kms)

Average Highway FE : 15kmpl
    Average City FE:10kmpl
  4. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Went for a short drive today to Lavasa today. Enjoyed the drive, some pics of my beauty below

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1909.JPG

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1915.JPG

IMG_1933.JPG
    4 people like this.
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Why such a weird location for the stickers?
  6. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    flywheel, Amazing figures for highway even after doing 120!!!
  7. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Well a bus driver decided he liked my car a lot and wanted to gently kiss it :sadblue There were a few small scratches which I wanted to hide. I am waiting for Com Paint to come up with Oceanic Blue so that I can remove the stickers and touch it up.

I usually get a max of 15 Kmpl when I drive around 120Kmph. It only goes to 16 kmpl when I reduce to speed to 100 Kmph.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Be warned, I had amazing results with COM paint on solid colors, but failed miserably when I tried doing the same with the Minimal Grey shade. It's a different ball game altogether. If you spray for just a second more, there are more metallic particles and the shade becomes darker. :(

Would insist you do some rubbing and polishing instead and live with he minor scratches.
  9. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    I have tried it on my FTA punto and was pretty happy with the results. Although we were able to do a good job, only after trying it out three or four times. Hope it works for OB as well :)
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Thats good to hear, then probably my shade was wrong! I had ordered for Minimal Grey and they shipped medium grey to me. I took it up with them and then I guess they sent me some random silver shade! I was mighty impressed with the BNW though.