1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dreams do come true - The story of my Oceanic Blue T Jet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Flywheel, Sep 28, 2013.

1. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Congratulations sir and wishing you a great ownership experience , fantastic color which is why we chose it as well but start maintaining as early as possible to keep it going like that , i have just about given up trying to keep it free of swirls and have resigned myself to the fact that i will spend 3000-4000 and one day at a professional detailing shop to get the shine and sheen back - post which i am going to fire my car cleaning guy.:)
    1 person likes this.
  2. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Thank you and your thread was instrumental in me finalizing the colour :)

Keeping both the exterior and inteior clean is going to be an uphill task. I always wash the car myself but swirl marks do come up over time no matter what you do. So an occassional detailing would always help I guess.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  3. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    You will actually or might be surprised by how well the interior holds up if you drive around with the windows up most of the time. There is very little cleaning in terms of frequency which is required if this is the case. The area i need to clean on a more regular basis is the footwell and the door sill area which always encounters the shoes!

1 person likes this.
  4. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

The Highway Drive

I am just back from a Pune- Hosur – Pune 2000 Km trip and there is only one word I have for the car “Amazing”. The true character of the car really comes out on the highway. The highlights of the drive -
    I checked the tire pressure before the drive and noticed that it was at 48 psi :hit I am not sure when the dealers are going to learn to deliver the car with the correct air pressure

The silence inside the cabin at any speed is simply amazing but this can be very misleading as the car would be carrying very good speeds and you would not even notice it. The better half was pleasantly surprised and stated that “120 in this vehicle feels like around 80 in our Punto”.

The brakes – fantastic, they stop exactly where you want to vehicle to stop and are just perfect to shed speed when that goat decides it wants to commit suicide. Please do note that even though the brakes are great it is no substitute for stupidity.

The engine is something that always provides, you just have to press the accelerator a little a car just starts accelerating like a locomotive. This gets pretty addictive and since it’s a brand new car and to keep things in check I did set the speed buzzer at 120kmph, it used to get irritating as the car would reach these speeds within no time.

Ride and handling – this is the tricky part, I feel my 2010 Punto was a little better and more confidence inspiring in this department. Mind you, the difference is only marginal and the Linea’s ride and handling is miles better than any of the competition. There’s just a little bit more roll but it’s a trade off I am willing to make the extra GC, the state of some of our highways is beyond ridiculous so this is something we need. The steering feedback is still the same and very enjoyable.

Kitna Deti Hai – The most commonly asked question, ain’t it? 4 out of the 6 petrol bunk attendants have asked me this so far. If you are a sedate driver and have the patience of saint and drive between 80 and 110, the car would really surprise you and the mileage should be a tad more than 17 kmpl. A little more speed and if you drive a constant 120-130 ish you should be getting around 15kmpl. If you like to drive the vehicle hard my estimate is you would probably get only around 12kmpl or may be even less. Mind you this car really likes you to be devil.<o:p
    Please do note that fuel efficiency greatly depends on the way you drive and these are just my estimates of how much you should get.</o
    4 people like this.
  5. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Quick Facts

Pune – Bangalore/ Hosur
    6 00 AM -Depart from Pune
    9 15 AM – Breakfast Stop at Sai International in Kohlapur
    10 00 AM – Depart from Kohlapur and tank up at a bunk near the hotel
    12 15 PM – Stop at Kamat in Hubli so some nice lunch and just laze around so some time.
    1 00 PM – Depart from Hubli
    3 00 PM – Tank up again in Chitradurga
    4 30 PM – Hit the NICE road turn off.
    5 00 PM – Reach my in laws place, drop off some stuff
    5 30 PM – Depart in laws place in Bangalore
    7 00 PM – Reach Hosur

It took us around 11hrs to reach Bangalore from Pune, the actual time spent on the road was around 9.5 hrs. For a distance of around 850 kms that works out to an average of 89kmph. The overall mileage for this stretch was 15.7 kmpl on the MID.
    Since we left Pune early we managed to beat most of the traffic on the Pune to Satara stretch, the roads are still as horrible as can be. The roads do improve vastly after Satara and the traffic thinned out after Davanagere. The traffic picked up again after Tumkur.

Bangalore – Pune
    6 30 AM – Depart from Bangalore
    9 30 AM – Tank up at Chitradurga and break for breakfast
    10 30 AM – Depart from Chitradurga
    1 30 PM – Break for Lunch at Mc Donalds in Kolhapur and tank up
    2 30 PM – Depart from Kolhapur
    5 30 PM – Reach Pune
    The return journey took as 9 hrs (excluding stops) on the road which would work out to an average speed of 94 kmph. The traffic from Karad right till I reached home was pretty bad and my mileage on the return trip dropped to around 14.9 kmpl on the MID.

By the tankful method, the total trip was 2050 kms and I used up 135 litres of petrol which equates to 15.1kmpl, please do note this includes quite a lot of driving inside Bangalore and a couple of Hosur - Bangalore runs

A couple of random snaps

View attachment IMG_1887.JPG

The cars odo now stands at 2563 Kms, looks like I will hit the first service in no time now :)
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    12 people like this.
  6. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    This is fantastic! Considering the the fact Linea being heavy car, fuel consumption figures are excellent for T-Jet. What I have so far observed with T-Jet is MID figures and Tankful method figures is close match.

I liked the comparison of City and Linea! ;)
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Awesome review & Brilliant pics Flywheel,T-Jet gives great mileage.MID of Fiat shows exact mileage compared to tankful method figures for checking mileage.Amazing in just 2 weeks you drove 2.5 kms,its a record.:clapIs that your wife who's driving your car in 4th pic?When had you been to Hubli?Kamat's food is Yummy to have.:p
  8. navi_tjet

Thanks for sharing the snaps and the details of your trip. At the cost of repeating myself, let me take pleasure in complimenting your Jet : It looks very beautiful in OB color. The information would be useful to me since I too plan to do a BLR PUNE BLR trip in November. I was worried about the road condition after Monsoons, more so because you must have seen the kind of craters we are left with after rains on Bangalore roads. I literally have to sometime find road in craters to drive the car. But from your description it seems that roads are in good condition.
  9. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

The fuel consumption increases exponentially with a light foot on the accelerator, if driven properly the mileage could surprise you, I really didn't expect to get this much so I was :)

Thank you and yes my better half did drive the car a bit after we halted for lunch in Hubli. We were in Hubli last Wednesday.

Thank you navi_tjet. Don't worry too much about the roads, yes its bad and does slow you down but its nothing our vehicles can't take. The major portion of the road is very good. Dare I say it, I think the worst stretch is better than the worst Bangalore roads can offer.

Do keep a watch on two wheelers once you cross Kohlapur as they tend to stick to the middle of the road.
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

That is the hottest looking and hottest performing Sedan this side of 16 Lakhs. Enjoy!
    1 person likes this.