1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dreams do come true - The story of my Oceanic Blue T Jet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Flywheel, Sep 28, 2013.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats !! Was the setup done through authorised dealer or outside? If outside , then any warranty issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Nope, Just bought the Garmin device from Snapdeal and installed it. It has nothing to do with warranty as no wires are used, all we use is the mobile charger to charge the GPS device :)
  3. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    5 Month Update:
    Odo : 9441 KM

Coverage this month: 2000 KMS

FE Update:
    9324 km - 32 Lit - 11.47KMPL (100% City)

Nothing really to report other than flawless performance.
    I have noticed some swirl marks so maybe its time to head to 3M to get the paint protection and interior cleaning done! Hopefully will manage to do this over the next month.
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    A couple of weeks I went to Tungarli lake and just thought I would share some pics here.

IMG_2308.JPG

IMG_2265.JPG

IMG_2276.JPG

IMG_2259.JPG

IMG_2354.JPG

IMG_2369.JPG

IMG_2380.JPG
    7 people like this.
  5. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Another snap of my Jet which I quite like :)

Sent from my RM-885_im_india_249 using Tapatalk

FB_20140225_10_50_14_Saved_Picture20140225105827.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  6. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Tejus, Class!!!
    Amazing captures. OB is photogenic and you will never tired of taking pics. Same is SBB:p
    1 person likes this.
  7. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    It was time to restock my car care products so I made snapdeal richer by a 1300 bucks.

My older duster seems to be on its last legs so got myself a new one!

A snap of the new stuff I for along with the whole arsenal.

Sent from my RM-885_im_india_249 using Tapatalk

WP_20140228_002.jpg

WP_20140228_003.jpg
    4 people like this.
  8. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    The first major milestone for my ride, just 10 days short of 6 months

uploadfromtaptalk1394520662085.jpg

FE Update

9665 KM - 31 lit - 11.00 KMPL
    10000 KM - 32 lit - 10.47KMPL ( The tire pressure was lower than usual around 28/27 psi which I assume was one of the causes for a lower FE numbers the other was a more adventurous driver behind the wheel biggrin.png )

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    2 people like this.
  9. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Me and my Jet together have completed 6 months and the odo stands at 10447 Km. A coverage of around 1000 Kms this month. The engine feels a lot better now a days and I am enjoying the music she makes when she is revved!!! That sort of shows with the FE figures.

10314 KM - 30 Lit -10.47 KMPL (100% City)

Have been a little busy the past week and my Jet is scheduled to help me shifting this month end :D I would probably get to see how much her boot can take ;)
    1 person likes this.
  10. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    I had initially planned this after I had the car with me for 6 months but well I got busy with hunting for a new house and shifting so it got delayed.

I still remember the day I got delivery of the vehicle, I was sitting and chatting with the Sales Rep when I first spotted her trying to cross the road. It must have been very amusing to the Sales Rep because I just stopped talking and stared, opened the camera bag got the camera jumped out of the showroom started clicking snaps. I did see the amused look on my wife’s face but well who cares my new ride had arrived!!!!!

6 months and almost 11 thousand kilometers down the line you would think that things would have settled down , nah I still jump out of the car and take a snap at every given opportunity much to the annoyance of the better half ( You would think she would have gotten used to this behavior after 3 years of the Punto and 6 months with my Jet!!!) I can talk about how she accelerates and how she handles and go on and on and bore you folks to death, well a lot has been written about it and it’s all true. I am just going to limit myself to a couple of instances which have kind of stayed with me.

-This happened when I was coming back from Bangalore somewhere between Hubli and Belgaum there was this Ford Figo which tailing me for a while so I decided to let him pass I was doing 120 ish and feeling very bored. The Figo had other ideas the moment I let him pass he would slow down making me overtake again and then he would start tailing me and overtake again. This cycle went on a few times and I was mildy annoyed and the next time I overtook him the nailed the pedal, and before I knew it the speedo had crossed 140 and in a few seconds it was at 160 and the speedo just kept climbing at the same pace, before I got to senses and removed my foot from the accelerator I saw 180, phew!!! Coming from my 75 HP MJD this was quite a surprise, many cars would hit 180 but the manner in which the Jet simply dispatched it was simply astounding. I now give her the respect needed on the highway and haven't nailed the throttle in 5th ever since :D

-In my Punto my better half would protest intensely when the speedo crosses 130 ish but used to doze off if I used to drive slower, with my Jet she is asleep most of the time biggrin.png she slept through the entire episode mentioned above should tell you how good the Jet is at cruising or might I say super cruising!!!
    -Sometime after the first service was completed I wanted to check out how well the car accelerates so I was up early in the morning and headed to a fairly decent stretch of road with not much traffic, First gear slam the accelerator and boy the tires were begging for mercy and I saw 6000 rpm come up before I shifted up, the sound the engine makes when you give her stick is just so sweet that it's very hard not to keep doing it just to hear the engine growl biggrin.png

-After a hard days work driving inside the city can be very depressing and irritating, Not with my Jet hell no!!! You just need to find a gap in traffic and poke the throttle and she makes you focus of her and road and you are alive again!!!!

After reading this you might think that I sound like a 14 year kid, well I am not but this car kind of always makes me sing "18 till I die" ;P It’s the car which is making me behave like this not me, I promise!!!!!

Am I happy with the decision – Oh yes! Over the moon actually. Will I do it again – Sure will.

Fuel Efficiency? The average I have got over 11 k kms is 12.14Kmpl which is very similar to the 13 KMPL which my dad has got in his City. So for people who see reason and believe in reason save the additional 2 lakhs on the City and go make yourself happy!!!

una2utu8.jpg

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
    6 people like this.