1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dreams do come true! .. The hip hop black beauty!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by sudipz, Feb 14, 2014.

1. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Honestly I'm about 37 months late and narrating this wonderful event .. Since the time Esteem came in, it was a dream to have one.. Was in school then.. Dad was in service which took him to the hills, thus a gypsy came home, and the esteem had to wait!

So time passed, and I took about 9 months to convince my parents after about 4 yrs being on the job that I needed a car! My heart and soul was all set on the Opel corsa however this too didn't happen.. Wagon R happened and it did a good 40K odd before I bid it good bye in gurgaon and moved to Mumbai with the Estilo, doing duty for my better half and barely a few months old then!

And time passed too, did test drives to pick our next .. The usual Baleno (alas phasing out and thus couldn't buy)- liked it the best amongst the Aveo, ANHC, SX4, Fiesta, and not to mention the Fabia n Palio diesel!

Aveo came close to a choice as family was keen to have a sedan, however Fabia D was damn good to drive, better than the Palio D then, cos it had new looks and Palio design was doing the rounds for a while.

Project "home" happened, and thus I'd to wait again :) .. The best thing, the Fiat showroom was a stones throw from home, and one day I insisted my better half for a test drive and got one scheduled at home.

We drove on familiar roads and the feeling "wow" came almost unanimously! The dream is now set!

Loads of anti Fiat service related issues were doing rounds in the market and thus it was a tough one ... But the hearts had already set out on the Linea .. The comfort was and is unmatched !!

I think it was Oct-10 and TJet came, just a few days after the first test drive, and family was discussing economics of petrol vs diesel when the sales advisor insisted I drive this and got the car over! It was a solo test drive and ... There is no scope for economics anymore!

Booked in December, delivered some 10 days down the line, by then Fortune Motors Andheri, did a fairly good job, kept the smile going on my face :).

Thats a a quick brief on my gorgeous black beauty TJet coming home :) ...

Done about 34k miles now, and in spite of some issues which I keep battling with service at Fiat, I think this is by far the best car still, in this class!

- - - Merged Post - - -

- this is after a service by Torrid Motors last week!
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    3 people like this.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Better late than Never Sudipz!!

Congratulations!! Please share some pics of the beauty.
  3. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    one from December '10
    image0.jpg
    Shirdi trip with Milind (in yellow), who got a TJet+ few months ago too! :)
    image1.jpg

from a drive to aurangabad.
    image.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
    4 people like this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Beautiful Pics Sudipz.. Mesmerising!!

Happy Tjetting!!
    1 person likes this.
  5. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    IMG_20140216_180127.jpg .. my 345 km Mumbai Alibaug Kashid Kolad get away :)
    1 person likes this.