1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dreaming each and evey second to lay my hands on a white beauty named punto.

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by carzinger, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

After so much research and spending bulk of time reading reviews and posts in team fiat and tbhp, I finally booked punto 1.3mjd, emotion 3 weeks back.

Booked the car in VST motors, anna salai.

Had a confusion between polo and punto after the price increase.. Then by all ur inputs
    I stick on with punto.

Well. I got the VIN number few days back.
    The 3 alphabets are ALZ. Its jan 2012 made.

going to apply for loan in KVB bank tomorrow in my native place (ramnad).

Since the manager is a good friend to our family, he promised me that the process will
    be smooth and will get it sanctioned in a day.

Meanwhile, the sales guy informed me that my car will be arriving on wednesday (25th)

Informed him about the PDI.

Now, I have some doubts.

1) When should I pay the money? Shall I give the loan DD first and then pay the remaining amount after the PDI, or shall I pay the whole invoice amount itself, after the PDI?

2) Is there any extra charge for doing temporary registration? Because, I wont be doing
    Permanent registration in chennai, since I dont have an address proof.

Fiatians, pls throw some light on this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on your new car.

1. No need to pay anything until you complete the PDI. Make the payment only when you are satisfied with the car.
    2. Did they agree to do the temp registration for you? Why not do the permanent registration in Chennai itself if you are residing in Chennai? That can be done even if you don't have any address proof. An affidavit needs to be prepared and VST should be able to help you on this. Ofcourse at a cost.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hello Carzinger, welcome to TFI with the Grande Punto, (which color have you gone for), mine is a Medium Grey 2010 model.
    I had paid 25000 IRS at the time of booking, then after 14 days after doing the PDI paid the balance payment on spot,
    As per the registration, Even i have told the dealer to hold the registration for 15 days, he said no prob he can hold for 30 days, but sooner the better, AS i am New Mumbai, the dealer gave me clear instruction not to take the car to Mumbai before the registration is done,
  4. Thanks ramjn and tony for ur information.

@ramjn:: today evening I called the dealer and enquired about the registration. He told that I can do permanent registration in chennai itself, by getting an affidavit and they can help me with it.. Cost is 1k.

@tony:: I booked Bossa Nova White.
    (i particularly chose that, so that I can 'Abarth' it. White suits it well. Moreover its my fav colour too)

And while typing this, more doubts are creeping my mind..

How can I check whether the car allotted to me was notused as a TD vehicle during my PDI?

Because, last week when I went to the showroom, there was a TD vehicle in BNW color.
    So, what if they just switch the new one with this??

Confusion prevails. My PDI will b in 2 or 3 days.

so please help me out in this.

Thanks in advance.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Don't worry too much. 2012 models are just launched and I don't think the dealer will try to sell you the TD vehicle. Take the PDI checklist from TFI and do the PDI. That should be fine. Ensure that there is 'H' on the Odo.

If you still have apprehensions, before booking the car, ask for TD and note down the VIN of the TD car :).
  6. Thanks ramjn..

Will post once the PDI is done.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Loans are cheaper with SBI,8% INTEREST is what I saw in advt and with interest on diminishing balance only,with no prepayment penalty charges.
    Congrats on your choice of Punto,but Polo is a better finished car.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Just check the H on the odometer, and all will be fine dude.
    Welcome the grande with great smile and you will be filled with more smiles per kms......
    Remember the more you drive FIAT, more you will fall in love with her......
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Congrats. May I ask what did it cost or road as I am next to pick up the 90 HP from VST.
  10. The OTR cost is 778902.

Note: the experience with VST, anna salai, was really very good.

The team leader (Mr.Fazil) and the sales assisstant(Mr. Vijay kumar) were so helpful and they were always ready to lend their ears for all the queries I have put forth.

Personally, I will recommend VST.

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

If you still have apprehensions, before booking the car, ask for TD and note down the VIN of the TD car :).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for ur suggestion.. For the peace of mind, I wanted to TD that vehicle and note down the VIN number.
    Since I was busy with my work,I asked one of my friend to do it. He did a TD and noted down the VIN number.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

If you still have apprehensions, before booking the car, ask for TD and note down the VIN of the TD car :).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for ur suggestion.. For the peace of mind, I wanted to TD that vehicle and note down the VIN number.
    Since I was busy with my work,I asked one of my friend to do it. He did a TD and noted down the VIN number.

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Thanks tony.

GP is the first car im going to own.

Previously had a short stint with i10. It was my friend's car. He asked me to use it, when he went abroad for on site. good car though.

As u said, going to enjoy my first car, every time I sit behind it wheels.