1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Draining Battery In 4-5 days

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by prihir, Nov 22, 2014.

1. kriish

kriish Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Same issue for me also, mine is Punto Emotion MJD 2012. If i leave the car parked for 4 days then on the 5th day when i try to start, the panel lights glow but the engine won't crank. in the second try even panel lights gone. I have checked with 3 different FASC all come up with same reply, there is no leakage and you need to start your vehicle at least once in 3 days. But before this issue crop up my car's Blue and Me unit got damaged by Rat bite after that only i am facing this issue. But when queried with FASC thay checked and said that is not an issue. Anybody throw some limelight on this issue.

Anybody else facing this issue with Punto MJD!
  2. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    had this issue in my 2012 GP, but after the 45k service it went away , FASS billed for battery recharge( battery service) not sure what they did with the battery.

thanks
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 12, 2016 ---
    battery recharging was mentioned in the service and quote was around 153.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  3. kriish

kriish Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @bibin - are you still have the problem, i.e draining of battery if the car is parked for more than 4 Days and not able to start?
  4. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    need to check for four days.....for more than three days ...no issues
  5. kriish

kriish Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fine bibin, for me the issue start from the 5day. I mean to f you start within 4 days no issue.