1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Draining Battery In 4-5 days

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by prihir, Nov 22, 2014.

1. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    I have PUNTO E+ MJD 2010.
    Issue is If car live for 5 days without use battery fully drain.
    Blue and Me is not working ,and also unplugged it but still It's Pass current from two fuse respectively 0.16 Amp each.
    One is from Dashboard Fuse Box, it is F53, and other on is from Engine Comp. Fuse Box, it is F01.
    Total 0.32 Amp loss.
    Any body help me out from it , as FASS is far from my town. If possible will manage and solve out here.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Don't know about the drain/leak you're referring to, cannot say.

But it sounds to me like you need to just get a new battery, since I am assuming you've had this one for 4 years and at least several tens of thousands of kms. Get it checked out at a car battery shop. No need to go all the way to FASS, most likely.

cheers.
  3. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Thanks for Reply Prabhjot, Installed new battery in Jan. 2014 . Tried 3-4 new and old different battery but result same .
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Then most probably your battery is either not being charged properly or something is running the battery down. Fitted any accessories ?
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    This problem occurs from 2-3 months only.. ,Battery charged fully as Meter saw 12.75 volts and 13.50 volts with running engine.
  6. Johnycomelate

Johnycomelate Novizio

Kochi
    Some accessory must be powered even after leaving the car.I had this problem because the electrician,while fitting the off-market rear camera cum video player system,wrongly connected the power wires. It was rectified and the problem never recurred !
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Did you add any extra equipment or lights that needs a relay and were the wires connected properly. Please check
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Ashwajatha

Ashwajatha Timido

Bangalore
    Even i have the same problem in Punto, and i am just leaving with it, I have the following KIT's which could be the possible culprits in Battery drain's , FIAT's Reverse Parking Sensor & Central Locking with Relay, all you need to do is keep running your car every day, but if you find a solution to your problem please do let me know since i had checked this with Service and experts and none helped in resolving this issue.
  9. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Which Verison you have ?
  10. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    @prihir I hope you have measured the currents when the car is not running and the ignition key has been taken out (not even in MAR position). If you have measured the current with the ignition key in the ignition lock then take it out and measure again. If you have installed any after market accessories (including the ones installed by FASC) disconnect them and measure the current. If the current is still high then I am afraid you will have to go to FASC. If the current drops when you disconnect the accessory that one is the culprit. You know what to do then. Keep us posted about your finding.