1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DRAGON TUNING KIT FOR LINEA MultiJet

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ramu_dodda, Dec 20, 2011.

1. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Thank You Jotinder, I will get 33 PSI in my Tyres today . I will try to follow the steps you adviced and see if any difference in pickup. I have long ride this weeked on NH9 for 600KM and will post my response if any difference in pickup.

where will I get the KN Filter for Linea, If it is used in dusty enviornment will it cause any harm to engine? do we loose warranty if we use the KN filter apart from OE filter.
  2. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, i have seen people being told that they will loose warranty if K&N filters are used, but people just take it off and putting stock back on before taking the car to TASC.
    Where can you buy from, please check K&N website or any local good modifier will have stock of it.
    About possible harm to engine, I am not sure about this. I have used this on my other cars and happy with it. But people do have other reports also. Please try to contact somebody who is already using it on his car in your city and make your own decision on this one.
  3. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    The problem is the flame front development.

Why is this the problem? Because the flame front development determines the efficiency in the combustion chamber with all the relevant side effects.

I know it sounds rather scientific or over the top, but it isn't.

At 6000 rpm theoretically the maximum time available to complete a combustion is less than 1/120 of a second. In real terms it is less than 1/200 of a second.

How the flame front develops depends on many factors. To name a few is the combustion chamber design, the spark plugs used (different makes/manufacturers of the same spec), different ambient conditions (temperature, air pressure, humidity), compression ratio and fuel. On Diesel engines obviously the spark plugs are not a factor.

What the manufacturer does when they develop a factory map they consider all the variations possible and have to make sure that the map works on the above mentioned main factors. The manufacturer makes the map safe for all combinations of these including of mixing different brands of fuel.

The mixing of different brands of fuel (2 or more) can aid the octane rating and the flame front or affect it adversely. Therefore the maps are done rather conservatively.

When Piasini writes the re-maps without any chassis dyno testing under Indian conditions, how can they get the map right?

This is important to Diesel performance and longevity but even more important to petrol engines and petrol turbos again more important.

My associates and I spend a lot of time on the chassis dyno to get things right and I came over to India to develop maps and other tuning items on Indian soil because I have too much money?

I haven't got too much money. But testing needs to be done and some of it includes the chassis dyno and this costs for each model from 40,000 rupees just on the dyno.

I am a hard core engineer and not a sales machine. I do things right or I won't do them. This will neither make me rich nor does it make me a quick buck. It makes a safe and good product, which in turn is my life insurance.

So, if Piasini want to do better then us, then they have to get their bums over to India and start developing and testing on Indian soil. If they are not prepared for this then all they do is fleece.

So far I personally have invested 23 lakh rupee in India with no return till date. Some might call me an idiot, but I do respect my clients.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
    2 people like this.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    thanks for the explanation Peter, but when you are testing on indian soils how do you differentiate between mumbai conditions to pune condition and down south to chennai ones.

they are drastically different and there are no dynos in most of the cities.
  5. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    Obviously India is one of the bigger countries in the world with a variation of conditions. However, One of the most important parameters is the fuel and another is the compression ratio. The other variables can optimised locally.

We still are looking at a compromise, but a much better one than mapping for different engine specs and fuels.
  6. Ramu
    Try stunnerz or xenex you will be able to find kn air filter..

Drifter
    How are you?
    When is your next trip here?
    Thanks for the explanation
  7. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    Hi srikaratluri,

I am not too bad.

I hope to make the next trip in February all going well.
  8. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Thanks Srikar, I will try to buy KN filter.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

I have decided not to go for any tuning kit as I dont want take any change with respect to engine damage for long run as I dont have any plans to change my car for next 4 years :)