1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DRAGON TUNING KIT FOR LINEA MultiJet

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ramu_dodda, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    ECU remap is considered safer than tuning box, but it had to be done very professionally. ECU REMAP definitely void your warranty.

Personally i would not do either.
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Whom do you suggest, is the best one to get an ECU mapping done from?
  3. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Ram- Please try out these below things before even thinking of getting into ECU mapping and Tuning box.

1. Get your air filter changed or cleaned (Change to K&N only if you live in non dusty city) you will see a difference in your pickup.

2. Reset your ECU, by disconnecting -ive terminal for 15-20min.

3. When your car engine is hot after you have driven for few kms, put your car in neutral and rev up your engine upto 4000+rpm 2 or 3 times or till you see no smoke from the tail pipe in rear window. This will free up your exhaust.

4. Oh, i nearly forgot this one, check your tyre pressure. Keep it properly inflated, it makes big difference to pickups.

I hope this help you, personally i would not advice you for tuning box and ECU remaps.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  4. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Thanks Jotinder for your advice. I will follow that. my car was having enough power before the tyres upgrade to 205/60R15. I have upgraded my Tyres to increase the ground clearance, It improved by 6MM and not hitting the bumps as it does previously and have got more stability and control to the vehicle on bumpy roads. the only disadvantage is it reduced the pickup which I did nt like much. It may be negligible for the people who is not more keen on pickup but I enjoy the pickup. I used to drive 90 to 100 keeping full load in the CAR ( 5 people + luggage) then I feel pickup is reduced little bit.
  5. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Ram-205 tyre is a very wide tyre, it will increase tyre friction. but try out above things and you will definitely see difference in pickup. Go for K&N filter if you dont live in dusty environment, it makes a noticeable difference to pickup.

Let me know if it help you.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  6. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Thanks Jotinder, I will try to those steps but I have below questions.

1. Get your air filter changed or cleaned (Change to K&N only if you live in non dusty city) you will see a difference in your pickup.

Ans : I live in dusty city Hyderabad. So I cannot go for K&N filter, Is this KN is brand name. I have recently serviced my vehicle last week only So I dont need to change the filter again.

2. Reset your ECU, by disconnecting -ive terminal for 15-20min.

Ans: Is this something can be done on our own, you mean to say disconnect the -Ve terminal of the battery and then connect it back after 20 min. If that is the case how frequently can we do it. looks like they have color code on battery which color is -ve.

I will follow remaining two things that is accelerating above 4000rpm until smoke disappeared and check the tyre pressure frequently. what is the recommended pressure is that 30 PSI for both & front.

thanks,
    ram.
  7. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Ram- Answer are given below, hope it helps you.

1. K&N is brand of world renowned air filters, but they are not considered good to use in Dusty conditions instead of OEM filters. But people do have different opinions on this as these filters are also used by Rally Cars in DAKAR Rally which is the toughest and in desert. So please check with your local user on their review on the same. But they do make a difference in pickup and top end of the engine.

2. Yes this is some thing you can do yourself. You just have to disconnect -ive Terminal of Battery which is usually in black color. Also you can do it as many time you want to do it.

Last but not the least as far as i know correct PSI for tyre is 33psi both front and back(mine is 195/65 R15 Linea MJD Emotion PK), for 205/60 R15 it should be more somewhere in region of 34psi. Please check with your tyre shop, they would know more. But in anycase try 33psi, 30psi is too low.
  8. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    I do not know any company I could trust in India right now.

Us having done over the years over 15,000 cars under warranty as well as out of warranty did not have any problems. All my cars are mapped or run on stand alone ECU.

We have improved driveability as well as fuel consumption. In Diesels we see about 10% in fuel efficienct with re-map alone and 12 - 20% with re-map and our AIRs.

What makes you give the advice?

Also we use cotton gauze filter elements attached to our AIRs for decades on cars where some have covered over 2laks km with these filters and still run strong in dusty as normal conditions. A number of my ARs are running trouble free in India too.

I do not know what problems you could encounter.
  9. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Drifter-Its my opinion and everybody has right to it, i dont have any commercial interest like you in this. Also IMO we should try to run our engine as stock as possible if we want our warranties to stand. I have seen car warranties being rejected for silly reasons like upsizing of tyre from regular, Free flow exhaust been used, aftermarket Horns being used, speakers being changed etc. Thats the reason i given him alternative to Remaps and tuning box's.

Also please read the post completely before commenting on anything, i quoted to him about Air Filters, please check the underlined part.
    "1. K&N is brand of world renowned air filters, but they are not considered good to use in Dusty conditions instead of OEM filters. But people do have different opinions on this as these filters are also used by Rally Cars in DAKAR Rally which is the toughest and in desert. So please check with your local user on their review on the same. But they do make a difference in pickup and top end of the engine."

About remaps i quoted
    "ECU remap is considered safer than tuning box, but it had to be done very professionally. ECU REMAP definitely void your warranty."

I am neither against or for the remaps or tuning, but anybody who is going for it should know that there is risk of losing Warranty and also if the remaps are not done very professionally they have a risk of blown engine, failed turbo etc. You have yourself said you dont trust anybody in INDIA, for me i dont trust ANYBODY with REMAPS and thats my opinion.

If anybody wants to still get extra power/driveability at their own risk he is more than welcomed to go ahead with it. I DONT HAVE ANY COMMERCIAL INTEREST TO PUSH FOR ANYTHING. Its their choice.

Drifter, i have nothing against you, but everybody has right to their opinion.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    what do you think? whats his working model? download maps here, send it onshore, get it changed and flash again ? whats the exact problem in the whole chain? isnt it done by quality professionals sitting somewhere in UK etc. i saw passini etc on their website which are professionals..

please enlighten us.