1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DRAGON TUNING KIT FOR LINEA MultiJet

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ramu_dodda, Dec 20, 2011.

1. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Hi
    I am looking for DRAGON TUNING KIT for LINEA. looks like some people have upgraded their engine power by adding this kit. I enquired about petes kit in hyderabad they are charging Rs.25000 for Petes Tuning box. I heared that we get Dragon Kit for less price in USA and some people in Internet posted that they have got in Wallmart for less price, I have been searching in Wallmart through some of friends in USA for Drogon kit but having difficultiy in finding it in US stores.

If anybody knows about the store information , please help me

thanks,
    ram.
  2. RamI never heard about this dragon tuning kit.But one from germany is available...It costs you 14.5k to be shipped from there to your house.It comes home in less than 10 days. I got one for my other car..Or you can ask someone coming down here from europe to get one for you.Shipping was close to 55 pounds then.Dont remember the name of the tuning box, but it has variable power modes tou could set.One tfi member got the same for his linea. His handle is jishnu. You can check his ownership thread for the name of the box
  3. vilas iyer

vilas iyer Novizio

Gurgaon
  4. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Its Racechip tuning box from germany, website Chiptuning of RaceChip - the Powerbox for safe motor tuning
  5. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Thanks Srikar,Jotinder & Vilas Iyer for your reply. I will try to enquire about race chip. I sent mail to Diesel Express customer support they says it is 95 pounds including international shipping.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

we have co workers in Budapest Hungary, I will try to contact them today. Not sure how much they charge for shipping to Hungary :)
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    stay away. search for reasons.
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I was thinking about the Diesel Express or Racing Chipset after I saw this post. I have seen that there is a free delivery to NL. Now that I have only 2 days of my trip left, I might get one in my next summer trip. BTW which one is better Diesel Express or Race Chip?
  8. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    I was planning to buy tuning box and did lot of research, finally i planned to buy racechip, it had features that no other tuning box had at its price range, totally VFM.

I had word with my friend on this, who owns many Fiat showrooms and Service stations. He told me 2 things,

1. First it will void my warrranty on Engine and engine parts like turbo etc. if caught by OBD.

2. Second he asked me the reason i want Tuning box.
    I sat down and then i noticed that i am usually the fastest car on the road( i usually drive at 130-140km/hr speeds). I have driven many times at 185km/hr which i touch very easily, so happy with my top speed also. I am not irritated by turbo lag. I was happy with its acceleration(You will always have very good acceleration if you understand your gearbox ratio). IMO its all about Driver not car when it comes to driving and specially when it comes to driving fast. So i thought why i need the tuning box?

I could not find any justified reason for tuning box, also i was sure it some how would not be good for my engine in long run. Heard lot of stories of turbo failure due to tuning box putting more pressure on it etc , i am not sure if they are true or not.

So i have not bought the tuning box.

Please justify your need for Tuning box before buying one and always be ready that it might void your Warranty. So take pro's & cons in consideration and make the decision.
    2 people like this.
  9. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Is ECU mapping safe to the engine , can we go for it. I need to increase the linea power as I have got 2009 Model which is having 86bhp , recently i upgraded my tyres to 205/60R15 I feel it reduced the pickup to some level. please let us know any sources who can do the ECU mapping ( If it is safe).

thanks,
    ram.
  10. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    ECU mapping is safe when done professionally.

Abishek from Kiirus was calling me an idiot when questioning him on his maps. In the meantime I got a number of reports of failures, which he is just walking away from.This is clearly unprofessional mapping.

Doing it right requires a bit more than what Kiirus is doing.