1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Down-Sizing of Tyres!!

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by mehtaanil, Nov 24, 2013.

1. mehtaanil

Dear Gurjinder,

Thanks so much for your replies, and after this have two question, if you could please throw some light on these as well
    1 What could be the possible pitfalls of downsizing.
    2. There is a recommendation for Kenda, but they are sold thru dealers & the warranty is provided by the importer & not the company, should this not be a consideration while buying.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

The thing while buying such tires is that you buy them because they are cheap and you know they will work. If we compare their after sales with other brands, then they will surely be a let down.

While buying I was prepared for the fact that if any issue comes up tomorrow, only solution will be to get a new tyre. No one is going to take responsibilty. No such thing as free lunch, as they say. :) If I remember, changemytyre was offering unconditional warranty on Kenda. You can check that out.

Regarding downsizing - really not needed. If fuel efficiency is your concern then the stock size can easily achieve class leading fuel efficiency without compromising on any other parameter.

1 person likes this.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Here is the screenshot from Changemytyre.com for Kenda K23 tyres.

Yes price is Rs. 3913.

4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Tyres like Kenda or other brands from Taiwan or Indonesia are lucrative for the price at which they are offered and definitely not bad if not good as compared to most others.

I have some broad base tyres on my oldie goldie Fiat Siena alloys, the brand name of which I have never bothered to see. They were cheap and I have a pact with my local tyrewala who offers low or very low mileage tyres at 600 to 1500 Rs a pair, with a limited liability clause :evilsmile!

Till date I had opportunity to use Pirelli, Michelin and Bridgestone and some taiwanese brand too. Obviously, I could never feel big differences in the traction of the vehicle considering most of them were used, but it was pretty satisfactory for occasional burst speed driving.

Having said that, IMHO one should'nt buy tyres depending just on how much money one can and would like to spend on branded tyres. Practically speaking, also what running condition one faces on a day to day basis and also depending on one's driving style, sedate or rally type..:smile: Spending too much on tyres does not guarantee better tyre life and driving satisfaction in the long run.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  5. Kenda is available at 3400 per tire in JC road.prices are high in changemytyre.com
  6. mehtaanil

I think Gurjinder has summed it up pretty well , and I will take his advice partially on the size part, however as far as Kenda goes, I am writing to change my tyre for a sample warranty document
  7. RaviInTfi

RaviInTfi Novizio

Grande Punto 1.4
    I have extremely good experience with Falkens. Awesome tyres - extremely low noise, good grip in both dry and wet conditions. And at such good prices online. I guess they have very good rolling resistance also.

Btw, your "downsize" is perfect. I would say it an improvement. 195/60R15 is overkill for Punto in my opinion. The 185/65R15 would provide the perfect balance. And and added advantage of slight increase in GC.

You have the option of buying from snapdeal. I usually find they have the best prices online. And for around Rs.350, you can get it fitted at a snapdeal authorized centre without problems.