1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Down-Sizing of Tyres!!

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by mehtaanil, Nov 24, 2013.

1. mehtaanil

mehtaanil

Delhi
    Dear TFIans,

I have a Punto with Alloys and I would like to down-size the tyres to 185/65 R 15 from the standard 195/60 R15, due to cost and economy reasons, does any one have such an experience or would anyone throw some light on this.
    I need to change the tyres soon , so please help me .

Thanks & Regards,

Mehta
    1 person likes this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Whats the price difference?

Just go for GT3's or Aceleres in stock size. These are on the economy side of the segment but good tires, especially GT3.
    1 person likes this.
  3. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    GT3 has maximum warranty of 5 years

Else I have good experience with Bridgestone as well in other cars
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Get Kenda Komet KR23 tires for your Punto.
    Before someone jumps on me;read the reviews over internet,and i have had an amazing experience with them.
    2 people like this.
  5. Forcem D800 tires are used by Chetan, PM him tires costed less than GT3.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Agree. I'm using them on the Palio D and they are doing better than Aceleres on the Linea. I had the confidence to go for them when I saw Lauras Cruzes, Taxis etc using them and going flat out and putting more stress on the tires than I could ever hope to on the Palio. Fundamentally, the tire is solid. At nearly 1/2 the price of a Michelin , it's a no brainer too.
    2 people like this.
  7. Does Kenda has ISI mark on it?
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

No it does not;but then most of the high end tires we crave for are devoid of ISI mark.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  9. Not having ISI, will make it difficult for the dealers to procure/stock them, This i what i heard from a tire dealer.
  10. Kenda KR23 is one amazing tyre and it has ISI mark, One of my friend was so impressed with them that he took it from me and did not return :D. Kenda KR 23 is not available now, there are few available at changemytyre but the price is jacked up by 500 rupees for 195/60/15. I got them for 3000 rupees per tyre - best vfm tyres.

Forceum D600 195/60/15 costs 3100-3200 per tyre

I am now on Forceum D800 205/60/15 91 V

Forceum is made in indonesia, i have just done 20 kms with the new tyres.. grips well but it is too early to comment on them.