1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Double Din Is a option for Punto Emotion-2011 model ?

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by SOOZ_P, Jul 13, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Good luck with that man. I am sure Satya will not disappoint you. Keep us posted. I am sure a lot of folks will be interested in getting a 2 DIN HU fitted, based on how your experience goes. Also share costs, if you don't mind.

Rajan
  2. woodman44

woodman44

germany
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    hey SOOZ_P any update after discussion with satya?
  4. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Guys, Sorry for the delay response. I had a chat with Satya over phone yesterday. When I asked to go his shop, he said he won't be available on Sundas in his shop. So planning to visit him tomorrow. Will update after that.

Thanks.
  5. praveengu

praveengu Timido

BLR
    Let us know the update. I have been waiting for this from 3 years!
  6. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    no updates :(
  7. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Punto ICEd with Cerwin Vega Set up

Hi Guys,

I have been to Satya (Evo Bangalore) on 23rd July, 2013. As soon as I reached, Satya greeted and had a fair amount of discussion on the double din set up. He asked his workers to open the central console and check. Finally, he came up with a negative response :confused:. The Reason is as below,
    1- There is no good brand for double din with GPS inbuilt available in India. Hence, I had to go with aftermarket stuff which was a strict no for me.
    2- To fit the double din, they have to cut the upper part of the current central console and fix an extra piece to fit the A/C. They have to adjust the wiring too. In this process there is a chance of loosing warranty. Again I am dead against it.
    3- The budget needed for the entire set up may be 60-70 K depending on the choices :(. I was not ready for it.

My mind was blank for a moment. Suddenly we hear an dhoom sound from outside. Satya, me ran and saw that one little boy fell with his bicycle which was having wood pieces on the back. As i turned towards my Punto, GONE !!! One piece opf wood hit my boot door which created a dent and couple of big scratches. Opps, what a day it was for me. Could not say the little fellow as he himself hurt. With a heavy heart, set with satya a bit and asked him what should be the ideal ICE set up for my taste. He listened carefully my requirements and suggested as below,
    Punto Console Kit-- 1400
    Cerwin Vega XED65c 6.5" Component Speakers (FRONT)--6100
    Cerwin Vega XED525 5.25" Coaxial Speakers (REAR)--3100
    Cerwin Vega XED600 4.4 channel amp(Below Passenger Seat)--8500
    Wiring for amp and speakers(Mojo and Acustika)--2200
    Door Damping*4--1000
    Harness_Antenna Pin-- 350
    JVC 746BT mp3 HU-- 8000

Total Cost –30650 INR

My budget was 20K but as I spoke with him and discussed about adding the amp, I thought it may be good to spend one time. I was not looking to upgrade in near future. Hence, after a little discussion the final cost settled to 29000K including fitting and labor charges.
    By the time half of the task done, power gone. So I had to spend couple of more hours at his shop. At 8:30 PM everything done. Then Satya went inside the car and closed all doors and glasses. Then he tuned the system for 10-15 minutes and finally asked me to get inside the car and to check the sound quality. It was a way better than my stock and just the kind of sound I wanted since almost 2 years from my lovely punto. I just forgot the whole day's bitter experience. Blue-tooth also tested with my android phone. Works like charm for calls and playing music too. No need of AUX.

Final Words

• Satya is a true professional in this field. He knows exactly what a buyer needs and how to spend wisely.
    • Workers were also doing their job neatly
    • On double din, I would suggest who is/are desperate to add it, need to take a call on warranty issue (if exists) and should be in a mind set up to spend 50+ for ICE only.
    • Satya can do the double din stuff if you have above mentioned things in your list.
    • Was in dilemma over the Cerwin Vega brand as compared to other known brands. However, trusted Satya on this and he did not disappoint me. The speakers are really good at very loud scenario too. Amp also seems good enough to boost the speakers. Decent HU too with blue-tooth.

I will post the pics soon. And Sorry guys who were waiting for my double din set up.
    4 people like this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Glad that it all turned out well in the end. I have known Satya for a long time now and he does magic, when it comes to tuning ICE. He is the best I have seen in Bangalore.

Enjoy your setup and please do post some pictures, when you can.

Rajan
  9. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Ranjan for all your valuable feedbacks during my ICEing process and all who have supported me in gaining information on ICE set up.
  10. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Here are the pics,

IMG048.jpg IMG047.jpg IMG046.jpg IMG045.jpg IMG044.jpg IMG042.jpg IMG041.jpg IMG040.jpg IMG036.jpg IMG034.jpg IMG033.jpg IMG028.jpg IMG027.jpg IMG025.jpg IMG024.jpg