1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Double Din Is a option for Punto Emotion-2011 model ?

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by SOOZ_P, Jul 13, 2013.

1. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Guys,

Planning to upgrade the stuck HU to double din. Here are my requirements,
    1. Need GPS
    2. Desperate to get USB/AUX
    3. Need more options than just Mp3 Cds

Speakers not considered at this point of time. Approx. budget 20K.
    Can I get a double din frame for Punto from FIAT? KHT Bangalore said, only they have the frame for single din which costs approx. 800 rupees.
    For my requirement, is double din needed or any other options are there? I just do not want to void the warranty too. Please help me out guys. I have gone through the threads here, did not get a definite answer.

Thanks in Advance.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You should consider the Parrot Asteroid Smart. It has all you want + more. AFAIK, any android based system would be the way to go, given the expansion possibilities, rather than just a double din with limited functionality.

As far as the Fascia is concerned, I do not think you will find it with FIAT, as there is no OE double din in any variant. You may have to search in the aftermarket, or fabricate your own.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  3. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks PatchyBoy for your response.

Is there any good shops in Bangalore who can set this for me or at least I can trust?
  4. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have enquired a few places and also the dealership, they told me you wont be able to put a 2din HU in any varient of Punto.
  5. 2 din is possible by altering the dashboard. Or you can opt for face out HU. I have a one din HU with Face out touch screen installed.
  6. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    You need to alter the dashboard for fitting 2 DIN.
    You can either install a dedicated 2 DIN HU or even a tablet pc.
    You can also follow PatchBoy's method to fit the tablet without altering the dashboard.
    Check the following T-BHP thread of Samsung Galaxy Tab2 on BMW X1.
    Samsung Tab 2 7" - Install in BMW X1 - Team-BHP

Rajeev
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  7. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can you please post the details and also a picture please.
  8. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    You would need to relocate the buttons sections to the top portion of the dash, search in TBHP for the pics, was well finished as per the pics....
  9. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Praveen for sharing. I have gone through your thread. I think your set up is good but does not look it fits perfectly in our FIAT panel. Let me check with with some Shops in Bangalore. If they can suggest something. Can you please suggest some good shops in Bangalore who have good knowledge about FIAT cars and ICE?

If double din is such a painful task, may be I will go for single din and good Speaker/Amp set up. I can add an extra GPS device later. Let's see.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013