1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Double DIN HU for Punto/Linea

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by bharathj85, Mar 15, 2013.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I think all the european companies selling the Custom HU for FIAT are bulk buying from here.

I contacted these guys a couple of times in the past and they mentioned that this model is still under development. Not sure when they will finish developing. I think they will show more interest if they see many people wanting to buy it. However, there is no point bulk buying unless one of it is tested and found to be worth the price.

VJ

- - - Merged Post - - -

They seem to have forcefully fitted this on the old punto. The shady picture was probably intentional.

But i believe this one has the same circuitry and software as the one i posted above, just the front panel must be different. If this one works well, then we can consider investing on the one i posted.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Way high pricing.In this money U can the stereo slot modified and get new pioneer / JVC touch screen fitted.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^Well, there are a few arguments technically speaking.

1. Retain stock look. No modifications/No wire cutting, direct fit.
    2. NO additional Steering control adapters required with this. With the JVC - i believe a separate steering adapter is required which will cost extra.
    3. This has GPS inbuilt, the JVC probably does not have that.

I do not know the audio quality this HU will generate so i presume the JVC is the winner in that area.

VJ
    1 person likes this.
  4. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    I have got the system installed (procured from italy)
    Running great. Direct fit..

Sent from my A250 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  5. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Share picture Harry.
  6. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
  7. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
  8. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I see that given HU is surely tapping a lot of canbus messages. Very interesting.
    I wish fiat could share those canbus message ids, so that we can have lots of fun :)

Am I the only person seeing a blurred image...finding hard to understand whats onscreen :shocked:shock:
    I can see there few likes given to the post. Looks like you guys have some magic eyes:confused
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    2 people like this.
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

More pics were posted here, check it out.

I strongly believe these UNITS are Manufactured in China and bulk sold to European sellers. What im trying to say is if Chinese manufacturers were able to find the CAN codes, we should be able to get our hands on them on the internet. I never looked for them, but a dedicated search might help.
    1 person likes this.