1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Door warning Light always on.

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by basis, Feb 20, 2013.

1. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @punto11, you are mentioning about the rubber part encircled in red or green? :woot:
  2. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    @renlouis I don't remember exactly, just press it with your hand and then the light will go off. If the switch itself is broken then it needs replacement I guess.
  3. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For driver side door, this rubbers are dummy and it protects the metal collision. If you look close to the door hinges in the front door, you can see a switch. You may check that,, if you take it the service center, they will attach a metal piece(to the button touch area), and things will be solved. I got mine rectified like that way.

I had so much issue with this switches that i have fixed the metal plates in all four doors.

Normally the contact of switch reduce by ages, so they did this workaround for me.. I did not see this the issue after that at all.
  4. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @pdash, I will be taking the car to service center tomorrow. Lets check what they will be doing :rolleyes: with door status indicator and central locking.

I wrongly reported here that my rear fog light is not working - I expected to turn it ON with key in OFF position and with front fog lamps / head lamps OFF. What a foolish thing :wacky:
  5. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, all issues pertaining to right front door lock warning light and central locking are fixed by afternoon, after I handed over the car to Hyson Fiat service Cochin this morning. The service adviser was very cordial and noted down every defect.

Under warranty they replaced the Front side door lock motor lock assembly R R and Actuator FRT RH. The minor thing the door bush on front right B pillar bottom was not in stock. The adviser offered the same ASAP it comes in stock. Now I'm back happy again :joyful:. Thank You Guys for all your responses.