1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Door warning Light always on.

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by basis, Feb 20, 2013.

1. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Dear Friends,

Thanks a lot for such great reply.

@Patchboy: Thx dear for the steps.

The update: Today I drove the car for 10 km and no issue anymore. Seems gone!

Bit in past: Just a week ago my car got new rear bumper and the Driver side lower body part got repaired (due of a damage).

Might be that is the RCA. some very small gap was there between body and Driver side door.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ basis, good to know that the issue is resolved. Btw, I remember you were learning to drive at the time of purchase of your Punto. So whats the progress so far? How has been the experience?
  3. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    O! Yes, Now I feel much confident in driving. Driving Punto is awesome. Seems I am driving a big car! I drove 2500 km in 5 months. Max in 140 km speed in Sarjapur Road, Bangalore.

Nice to see that you still remember me! :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    The warning light sensor is present near the Driver side door. Just open the door you will find a black push button. I had this problem the very beginning at the Time of Delivery then i asked the guys to check in VST Motors they adjusted the button and it worked.
  5. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    basis, i dont want to discourage u brother but this problem will come back!! i had same problem in my punto active.
    take ur car to service center and ask them to replace the switch as mentioned by bharathj85.
  6. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    I dont think switch will be a problem. Just ask them to clean the area where the switch is present. Ask them to remove the switch clean the area where it is place and refit the same switch.
  7. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    Dear halfclutch,

you are absolutely correct.This issue coming back time to time. As you and bharathj85 mentioned I will check and will ask the service guys to correct it in april during first service.
  8. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Today I got the front right door open indicator always turned ON, from the time after I turn ignition ON. As a result, the red indicator stays ON while driving and produces the warning beep. I know front door is properly closed. I see the exact door open indication message on the MID blinks sometimes while the car is moving. Now central locking is not working - it immediately unlocks after locking. Even the car thinks front door is open even after I switched the engine OFF - the roof cabin light goes off only after a long delay.

Also the rear fog lamp is not working - the fog light indicator on dashboard is not lit and the lamp is also not lit when hitting rear fog lamp switch. Not sure if this is a blown fuse, faulty switch, burnt bulb or anything else.

Can you please point out possible cause for these two issues if you have encountered them or similar to them?
    Anyway it seems I should visit FASS soon.
    :banghead:
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 27, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 27, 2014 ---

One more issue appears - the roof cabin lights don't turn ON, when opened the above mentioned front door.

Guys, for the time being can we disable the beep notification for open door?
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 27, 2014 ---
    I'm so lucky and think I'm in the right place - I hear of the black push button in this discussion. Will let you know whether or not my door related warning light and issues are gone :)
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  9. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I just searched for the door closed sensor black push button. On the area below B-pillar, where door opens away from I see 2 structures. The upper black one appears same as it there for other doors. But the one below is missing possibly a protruding bush, which is present for all other doors. Please see the image attached and the area encircled in red.
    Many thanks.
    Louis

PicsArt_1411870997715.jpg
  10. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    I had the same problem during delivery in my punto active. Just press the rubber part with hand while the door is open. The warning light will go off. Its a limit switch. I fixed it by cutting a piece of rubber and pasted into the switch using fevi quick. Running fine after 3 years.