1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Door warning Light always on.

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by basis, Feb 20, 2013.

1. basis

basis Amatore

Dear All,

My Punto is just 5 months old and crossed 2.4 K KM. (Model 1.3 Active)

From yesterday I noticed that after driving the car for few minites the Door Waring Light come up and stay till I switch off the engind.

I checked that ALL doors, tailgate properly closed. Even the Cabin goes off as normal after closing the doors.

What can be the issue?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Seems sensor is gone, only option is to visit service center.
  3. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Does it say which door? Would help to narrow down which sensor to address.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

It's a Punto Active - so not possible to know which door.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

^^ I don't think the Active variant has Exact Door Indication.

@basis - Your post says that the warning light comes on after driving for sometime and then stays on. I suspect the central locking mechanism. Does the Active model have Auto Close feature? If it does, then please try this:

1. Get in the car and close all the doors
    2. Disable Auto Close
    3. Start the car, make sure that the door open warning is not on, and manually depress the driver door open lever to activate central locking
    4. Now drive the car, cross 20 kmph and see if the error comes up

Post findings here.

6. mayank

mayank Amatore

I had same kind of problems when i brought my gp..!! In my case the problem was slight gap between the door(driver side) and that black push switch along with the chassis(near joint)..When i took it to TASS they told me that they may have to hammer the door to push it li'l forward..but since it was a new car..n i didnt want it to be hammered and take risk of dents which TASS guys also mentioned..so i did some "jugaad" and used that plastic card which holds the sim card...cut it into 3-4 long pieces(4cm) put them together and tapped it onto the door which eventually filled that gap..and i am a happy owner for 1.5 years now :) never again faced that problem again
    4 people like this.
  7. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

So the Active variant uses the old plunger switch technique?
  8. mayank

mayank Amatore

yep i believe so. I got it in my gp, which is april'11 manufactured
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

I had the same issue in the very first month of my car purchase. The culprit should be the door switch as mentioned above and the guy from the TASS added a double sided tape in my case.
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

+1 - i too had the same issue in my Active. My issue got resolved when I fixed the central locking.