1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Door unlocks automatically?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by pra.agar, Jun 28, 2015.

1. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Usually the door gets locked while driving at 30kmph but now it gets locked and then upon 5-10 min it unlocks. The same happens when the door is locked from outside, it unlocks in 40 secs.
  2. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I too had this problem with Linea last Dec, took the service centre, its an Actuator problem can be corrected without much hardship....
  3. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks. Will take it to FASS tomorrow.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Are you getting any sign on the MID of any door being kept open? Probably a faulty actuator in one of the doors which is preventing from the locking at the said speeds. Visit to FASS is the only solution.
  5. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    MID isn't display any warning sign. FASS ppl are asking to check if one of the four locks may not be functional. He even said there is a string/lever that changes the operation to manual. Does anyone has the pic indicating the process or how/where to locate it?
  6. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    The issue seems to have been resolved after few days on its own. I wasn't using my vehicle for few days and upon checking yesterday I could see its working fine. I'd plans of visiting FASS next week, will those ppl be able to find the issue and fix?
  7. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Is it raining there? If yes, then it could be down to moisture build up leading to malfunctioning. Over a period of time, it goes away.
    Same thing happened with me as well few weeks ago when it was pouring down heavily here.
    Keep a spray like WD-40 handy, so that you can get rid of moisture next time.

Cheers
    pra.agar likes this.
  8. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Get your door harness checked... may be it needs replacement.....a short wire can be culprit... it will cost you around 1400/- for each front door... and less for rear doors...
  9. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This is a well known issue. Front right and the rear left actuators are defect/rather manufacturing defects. Instead of doing a recall, Fiat decided to change it only on the cars that had face problem. So, customer has to voluntarily get these changed under warranty. Not a major Issue but annoying and scary none the less.