1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Door to be replaced?

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by clash81, Nov 29, 2012.

1. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I got a very nice gift when i visited my home town in kerala during diwali.

A goods-rickshaw came and rammed in to my car from the left side, he not alone rammed but had the audacity to drag along the vehicle causing a considerable fissure on my left rear door and whole lot of scratches on the left side of my ride. The sad part was that i couldn't even get hold of the fellow who caused as he somehow managed to escape through the traffic jam that we were stuck in at that moment. Ultra frustrated :( I am attaching couple of pics here. Folks, please throw some light as to what i can do to fix this.

2012-11-28_18-25-30_387[1].jpg

2012-11-28_18-25-49_64[1].jpg
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2 people like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Agree with Ravi. This is repairable very easily.
  4. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Thank you Ravi for your prompt reply. That fissure on the left door made me think that it cannot be fixed and i will have to change the door!!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Cool. Thanks for the reassurance! :)
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    its a simple work...
    Door replacement not required...
  6. Please donot go for door replacement, as replacement door will not have door sealant.
    1 person likes this.
  7. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Sure, will keep this in mind!!
  8. Clash, just undenting is enough. My car had deeper dents and scratches which was fixed without any replacement. Dont go for replacement
    1 person likes this.
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi guys, Any idea how much does this Sai Colorium charge for such scratches and body work.. Myn too has some scratches which i am planning to get attention either at 3M or a feasible one
  10. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    I also have a minor dent on mine ride's rear left. Will be getting it done after January 23, as soon as the insurance gets renewed.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012